Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've just got my system built, I adjusted the BIOS (ACHI, 64-bit, booting from USB-HDD). Chimera opens and after selecting my USB I am quickly redirected to the standard Apple loading screen (white screen, grey logo, spinning disk), the disk spins for a few, maybe thirty seconds, then it just freezes, I never make it to the installer.

Can someone tell me why this happens? It's not mentioned in the tutorial. Also, my BIOS menus are very different from those shown in the iBoot + MultiBeast tutorial so I'm afraid something is wrong there which is stopping the installer from loading.

BTW I'm using my own USB and a copy of Lion purchased from the app store.

Any help appreciated. This is the third time it's froze, and I don't know where to go from here.

Kernel panic or the computer just freezes without any error message? Can you post a screenshot?

Computer freezes without any error message. I think it may be for lack of command line tags. I didn't quite understand that instruction because you're never at a command line, but now I'm assuming you type them in while your looking at Chimera, but before selecting USB.

I did the Boot in Safe mode command line tag this time and the behavior was a bit different. My screen has sort of grayed and there is a slashed o (like a no smoking, no skating, no ect) at the top of the Apple logo. The little wheel is still spinning.

I don't know how I would take a screen shot from where I'm at... I could take a photo of it if that's what you mean.

I'm going to try the the Unsupported graphics one. If that doesn't work I'll post a screen shot if it.

I got to the installer with "GraphicsEnabler=No"

Sorry for the useless thread. Although, a screen shot in the install tutorial would make that step more clear.

also boot with -v so you could see a log of what's going on and what could be causing the problem

K, I'm going to have to boot again because it's not recognizing the drive I want to install on. This is going in another direction, but do you know a work around for that? I'm using an Intel 320 series SSD.

Is the drive formatted already?

I loaded optimized defaults after setting AHCI instead of before and so it reverted to IDE.

I've fixed that and installed to the hard drive now. But my post install didn't go so well. I think I may have used the wrong version of the DSDT for my board. I can't find where the BIOS version is listed and I'd prefer not to flash it.

Is there a way to edit your DSDT.aml file post MutliBeast? It went to my disc and found it but it's encrypted, or not plain text. I can't boot with 'GraphicsEnabler=Yes' and that's how it sets it by default so I doubt I'll be booting from disc until that is changed.

Oh I think I figured it out. There's an option for GraphicsEnabler under customization. Now I just need to figure out which version of the BIOS I have, but that won't be too bad. Worst case I spend 20 minutes trying all three.

By the way, for anyone who installs using the wrong DSDT you can reinstall if you boot from your flash drive again, delete the folder on your desktop and the "Extras" folder from your Lion drive, then run MultiBeast. Otherwise you'll get an install error when you try to install a second time.

I am not sure whether it would help you or not. In my case with Gigabyte motherboard(H67MA-UD2H-B3), the apple logo is freezing and stops spinning and I have to choose USB -Zip for my boot instead of USB-HDD in my BIOS. Bty, I was using 8GB flash drive. After that, I can reach to the first page of my installation (disk utility page).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back