Nvidia Gtx 650
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone!

I built my first hackintosh about a year ago and i have had the same freezing problem pretty much since day one.

Main components of the build:
Mobo: gigabyte z77x-ud5h
CPU: i7 3770k
GPU: EVGA gtx 650
Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance

The problem:
I get random freezes from time to time that I cant seem to trouble shoot. The problem didn't bother me too much at first, but it has become pretty annoying. My entire screen freezes and I cant do anything but a hard reboot. If the computer happens to be playing audio when it freezes I get a "ticking" noise along with the freeze.
I initially suspected the GPU, because the computer seems to freeze more often when doing "graphics" related things (like videos or google maps) but i took it out and am now running integrated graphics which hasn't solved the issue.

I tried doing numerous google searches as well as a fair bit of searching here on the forums but I was unable to find a solution. Any ideas?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Also, I forgot to mention I'm currently running 10.9.1 and the issue has occurred in every OSX version since my initial install 10.8.something. I don't remember exactly which version of 10.8 I started on.

I have the same issue. I don't get freezes when OS was just reinstalled, but in a few days after installation it seems to be random. I have 3 HDDs + SSD, the SSD formatted in Mac OS Plus and the HDDs formatted in NTFS, with a lot of info that i can't lose. I work with Paragon for file transfer with the HDDs.

Maybe something related with the program installations? Or maybe a conflict with the NTFS format on the HDDs?

My components:
- Gigabyte z77x-d3h
- i5 3570k
- 8gb gskill ripjawsX
- Gigabyte GTX 650
- Crucial M4, 1TB Caviar Black, 2TB Caviar Green, 500GB Seagate Barracuda

Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back