Gigabyte Z87X UD5H
CPU
i7 4770K
Graphics
GTX660
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi,

I have been under constant freezes lately. My hack stops working after a few minutes and there is nothing else to do but a hard reset. Needless to say it is impossible to work under those conditions.

I have browsed but found no solution to my issue. I had reinstalled, repaired permissions and so on.

I have a Focusrite liquid saffire 56 and am using the driver "mix control 3.4" And I use Logic Pro X

My rig is:

Gigabyte Z87X UDH5
i7 4470K
Corsair vengeance 32GB
Sanddisk extreme SSD 240GB
Seagate barracuda 7200 1TB
Corsair TX650M

I don't know what else to do ! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much for your quick replies !

Check this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/music/48923-focusrite-saffire-pro-24-a.html

I'm also interested in buying an Saffire 56, but worried about stability issues. Seems like it's a problem with that interface.

Post back if this works for you.

Edit: Found this information on gearslutz that might help as well.
Original quote:
"Are you using a firewire card with the exact TI chipset that focusrite recommends ? they recommend the following chipsets.

- Texas Instruments (TSB43AB22, TSB43AB23 and XIO2200A)
- VIA (VT6306, VT6308 and VT6315)

Link to original documenthttp://d3se566zfvnmhf.cloudfront.net...patibility.pdf"

I've managed to snipe myself a Liquid Saffire 56 off ebay last night too :D So in a couple weeks or whatever if you still haven't gotten it to work, I can likely help you since I'll have one too.

Just got mine today, so far no troubles at all. Fully tested all mic/line inputs, outputs/headphone outputs. No problems yet. My problem is my E-mu Emax Rack being noisy right now, although I'm glad to be away from that stupid USB Mbox 2, had tons of high pitch whinny from that.

Likely a ground issue with my computer, constant annoyance here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back