Contribute
Register

Freezes before getting to installer - please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright guys. So I put the machine together last night, as far as I can tell, everything is working except the GPU which is to be expected. However, if the GPU is connected to the power supply I can't even get to the bios, but if I disconnect it from the PSU I can get to the bios and to clover. I've followed the install guide, and since I have a GTX 970 I added the boot arg "nv_disable=1", but when I select the boot from USB option, I get the black screen with the apple logo, a loading bar appears below it, but then it freezes. I've been researching but I've come up with nothing. Would really appreciate the help from any/all of you. My laptop died and I'm building this machine cause I need it for my studio (Graphic Design). Anyway, thanks in advance!

Here's the build:
MOBO: gigbayte z170x-ud5
CPU: i7-6700k
GPU: evga geforce gtx 970 ACX 2.0 FTW

So now it starts to load after apple logo and then "panics" and reboots. Definitely getting discouraged. Do you guys think that there is something wrong with GPU? I researched it and it's supposed to be compatible, but regardless of the hackintosh compatibility, why can't I get to the bio with the GPU plugged into the power supply?

What is the BIOS video priority? Built-in or PCI-E X16? For that matter, is it in the PCI X16 slot?

Since your mobo has video output, completely remove the GPU and see if you succeed the install using the built in video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back