12. Plus
  13. Power Mac
  14. PowerBook
  15. Quadra
  16. SE
  17. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
For the last 8 months, if I boot from my internal drive everything comes up perfectly but after about 5 minutes the computer freezes. If I boot from my UniBeast disk and then select my internal drive everything's fine. I keep hoping the latest version of Multibeast will fix the problem but it doesn't, including the new 7.4. I tried switching to Clover 6 months ago and that worked solved the problem, but when I added a Dell 4k monitor I couldn't get Clover to recognize it, so I switched back to Multibeast. Any advice gratefully received.

For the last 8 months, if I boot from my internal drive everything comes up perfectly but after about 5 minutes the computer freezes. If I boot from my UniBeast disk and then select my internal drive everything's fine. I keep hoping the latest version of Multibeast will fix the problem but it doesn't, including the new 7.4. I tried switching to Clover 6 months ago and that worked solved the problem, but when I added a Dell 4k monitor I couldn't get Clover to recognize it, so I switched back to Multibeast. Any advice gratefully received.

How you connected (i.e., Using which cable) the monitor to GFX card ??

Have you tested the monitor with onboard port while using clover??

I'm using the mini DisplayPort connector on the monitor to the DisplayPort connector on the card.

The monitor doesn't support DVI so it will have to be HDMI. I assume you mean try Clover again?

The monitor doesn't support DVI so it will have to be HDMI. I assume you mean try Clover again?

Yes you can try with clover.

If you are not using the onboard graphics, ensure that the Intel graphics injection is turned off on config.plist.

Also set the PCIe/Graphics Card as your Initial Display Port/Primary Video Adapter on BIOS.

Although reboots have to be handled carefully, once up and running my system is extremely stable right now. I am really scared to make a big change and screw it up. I have never seen a definitive set of instructions for successfully moving to Clover. Do you know if such instructions exist, and if so, where I can find them?

Although reboots have to be handled carefully, once up and running my system is extremely stable right now. I am really scared to make a big change and screw it up. I have never seen a definitive set of instructions for successfully moving to Clover. Do you know if such instructions exist, and if so, where I can find them?

You can make a clover bootloader test usb. Then you can do experiments with the USB. Once you got everything stable with clover USB. Then you can install the clover to the HDD/SSD.

GUIDE : http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate-bootloaders/127134-test-drive-how-create-clover-usb.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back