i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

I have a weird issue - i have a Hackintosh with the latest Catalina version and OpenCore bootloader.

When idle the pc freezes - becomes unresponsive and my router disconnects from the internet (Archer C9, connected via PPPOE user/pass).

Besides the freezing issue, which I’m not sure where it comes from, and it might be solvable by researching a little bit, the internet disconnection just puzzles me. Any ideas?

The build:

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390
i9 9900K
Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro+
Corsair Vengeance 64GB 3000Mhz
Corsair H150i PRO (disconnected from the internal USB)
Samsung Evo 970 1 tb
Intel 660p 1tb

My EFI is similar to the one used by Cmer: https://github.com/cmer/gigabyte-z390-aorus-master-hackintosh

So far I tried the following:
  • Reset nvram
  • Disabled cfg lock
  • Removed the BT BCM94360CS2 from the internal usb port (solved the sleep issue)
  • Removed IntelMausiEthernet.kext and disabled the NIC in BIOS - saw some similar problems related to this
  • Used Vgtab to generate the power table for the video card (Sapphire Vega 64 Nitro+)

Also, before OC bootloader is loaded i get this message, but otherwise boots normally:

OC: Setting NVRAM 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:rtc-blacklist - Not Found

Nothing solved the freezing issue. To be more specific: everything works OK, but when screen saver starts/PC is idle after a couple of minutes it freezes.

I’m starting to think this could be related to the video card, but i don’t have any other to test with. I’m all out of options. Any recommendations?

I think I have the same issue. I also suspect that this is related to the internet because every time my hackintosh freezes (when idle), an ssh connection also disconnects from my linux box next to my hackintosh. The issue is really weird indeed. I'm using clover, and also on latest Catalina.

My config:
  • Z390 GAMING X
  • SAPPHIRE RX 580 8GB
  • INTEL Core i7-8700K 3.70GHz 1151 300
  • FSP Hydro G 750W
  • HyperX 16GB Predator DDR4 3200MHz CL16 KIT
    WD 500GB Black NVMe M.2 PCIe M.2 2280

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back