Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87N - Wifi
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 650
Hello -
I have a few issues that need to be resolved:

1) First issue that I have with Yosemite upgrade is that I cannot boot normally. After I reach Chimera load screen (see picture), apple Logo loads and then disappears and a second load bar appears. This is where it gets stuck and freezes. For me to successfully boot, I have to hit my Rig's Reset button. Once resetted, the machine loads up again through chimera and boots successfully after the 2nd reset.

10Al3vfl.jpg

2) 2nd issue is while I'm in the desktop, if I want to restart for any reason through the apple logo it simply freezes. The top left apple menu>restart..>restart turns my screen black and my computer is still running. My fans are still running and it never gets to restart. The only way I can restart is if I hit my rig's actual "reset" button.

Has anyone ever seen this issue? And are these two issues related? Please suggest any action for me to remediate this process! Thank you, your help is appreciated.

Hello -
I have a few issues that need to be resolved:

1) First issue that I have with Yosemite upgrade is that I cannot boot normally. After I reach Chimera load screen (see picture), apple Logo loads and then disappears and a second load bar appears. This is where it gets stuck and freezes. For me to successfully boot, I have to hit my Rig's Reset button. Once resetted, the machine loads up again through chimera and boots successfully after the 2nd reset.

10Al3vfl.jpg

2) 2nd issue is while I'm in the desktop, if I want to restart for any reason through the apple logo it simply freezes. The top left apple menu>restart..>restart turns my screen black and my computer is still running. My fans are still running and it never gets to restart. The only way I can restart is if I hit my rig's actual "reset" button.

Has anyone ever seen this issue? And are these two issues related? Please suggest any action for me to remediate this process! Thank you, your help is appreciated.
For the restart issues sounds like you need to patch the dsdt with a shutdown fix I had this problem before but I use clover and clover can automatically do it for you for your 1st problem sounds like a graphics issues the second load bar should appear right before the login screen which sounds like your having a kernel panic some boot loaders will reboot on panic others will stop as the other user suggested boot in verbose see what it stops on take a screenshot and post it for further troubleshooting

For the restart issues sounds like you need to patch the dsdt with a shutdown fix I had this problem before but I use clover and clover can automatically do it for you for your 1st problem sounds like a graphics issues the second load bar should appear right before the login screen which sounds like your having a kernel panic some boot loaders will reboot on panic others will stop as the other user suggested boot in verbose see what it stops on take a screenshot and post it for further troubleshooting

I was able to resolve the restart issue by adding the Driver from Multibeast > EvoReboot. Also was suggested to turn of Restart Fix using chameleon wizard. Did that, and restarts fine. I still face the issue of freezing at bootup though. This is where it gets stuck:

cfhoqISl.jpg

I tried boot with -v and it freezes after the texts is completed so it looks like its going to finish booting but it gets stuck and shows my mouse. I have restart for it to boot. Any idea?

edit: when I ran it in verbose again, it boots fine no issue straight to my desktop. I have found another issue, I cannot shut down properly. When I go to appe>shut down> my monitor turns off, but the fans remain and the machine is still on. It was shutting down fine a while back when I still had the restart issue, but now it's not for some odd reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back