Graphics
Radeon hd 5450
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
As suggested I'm re-posting my issue in the correct section.
Sorry for my mistake.

Hi, I'm a newbie in the forum and in the Hackintosh world! First of all thanks for your support that allowed me to install OSX on my laptop using Clover (special thanks to Rehabman!:thumbup:)
My pc is an Hp 15-n207sl: Haswell based, I5-4200U and hd 4400 mobile (8086:0a16). I succeeded in patching my dsdt and ssdt (working audio, ethernet, stop mode etc.) (thanks twice to Rehabman!:headbang::headbang:).Now I'm having issues with brightness control, end more frustrating I'm facing freezes followed by unexpected and spontaneous reboots after connecting the HDMI cable and I don't know where to begin :banghead:So I need your help, please!:( Thank you all in advance!

PS: the video card is recognized by OSX 10.9.5 as "Intel HD Graphics 4400 1536 MB" and seems to work fine with full hd video streaming, dvd and video editing apps.

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer but i can't find "address 0x00030000" or useful istances of HDAU/BOD3 in my dsdt, (pobably I made a mess of it, cause of lacking experience). I'll attach my dsdt in .dsl format (both original and patched)...Let's see what I've done...:shifty:

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    114.9 KB · Views: 215
Thank you for your answer but i can't find "address 0x00030000" or useful istances of HDAU/BOD3 in my dsdt, (pobably I made a mess of it, cause of lacking experience). I'll attach my dsdt in .dsl format (both original and patched)...Let's see what I've done...:shifty:

B0D3 is generally not in DSDT with Haswell laptops.

It is usually in an SSDT.

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

I tried your suggestions but I have encountered problems modifying the GPU ssdt because of a compiling error on the original version. The compilation process gives me an error on line 351 related to brightness setting. The main hardware specs are in my signature (I couldn't find the chipset spec, I've never had windows installed on this PC). I'll attach my ssdt files for Audio (modified for hdmi output) and Video devices. Thank you in advance and sorry for my newbieness!:|

Fabio.

Attachments

• SSDT.zip
    22.9 KB · Views: 235
I tried your suggestions but I have encountered problems modifying the GPU ssdt because of a compiling error on the original version. The compilation process gives me an error on line 351 related to brightness setting. The main hardware specs are in my signature (I couldn't find the chipset spec, I've never had windows installed on this PC). I'll attach my ssdt files for Audio (modified for hdmi output) and Video devices. Thank you in advance and sorry for my newbieness!:|

Fabio.

SSDT4: compiles clean by removing the line causing the error.
SSDT3: no error as is.

I tried in many ways to load ssdt4 (deleting the line causing error and putting "arg0" between parenthesis with no luck. The pc fails to boot in both cases. and the fake 4400 kext doesn't load (checked with kextstat and kext wizard). Maybe I'm missing something...Anyway I attach my clover config and my kext loaded in the clover folder. I also add the verbose boot screen and IOreg file. 20150712_103846.jpg

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.6 KB · Views: 371
  • Schermata 2015-07-12 alle 10.33.59.png
    Schermata 2015-07-12 alle 10.33.59.png
    127.4 KB · Views: 353
  • Ioreg.ioreg
    2.7 MB · Views: 318
Last edited:
I tried in many ways to load ssdt4 (deleting the line causing error and putting "arg0" between parenthesis with no luck. The pc fails to boot in both cases. and the fake 4400 kext doesn't load (checked with kextstat and kext wizard). Maybe I'm missing something...Anyway I attach my clover config and my kext loaded in the clover folder. I also add the verbose boot screen and IOreg file.View attachment 143787

Post EFI/Clover folder.

Also, post native ACPI files.

How did you collect ioreg if your computer doesn't boot?

Note: The ioreg shows HD4400 working along with FakePCIID loaded, so not sure why you say it doesn't load.

I booted from my usb, then removed the ssdt I imagined causing problem and saved my Ioreg. Now I spent all day trying to solve the HDMI and brightness problem and I got the brightness slider working. To do so I dropped OEM ACPI info. Now I'm going to test the (in)famous HDMI cable. I'll let you know if it works...:thumbup: Meanwhile I'm posting the files...

EDIT: NO...it doesn't work the HDMI issue remained the same....:beachball:

Attachments

• ACPI Native Files.zip
    122.3 KB · Views: 205
  • CLOVER.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 285
...EDIT: NO...it doesn't work the HDMI issue remained the same....:beachball:

Probably due to unimplemented HDMI-audio...

HDMI-audio on Haswell has several requirements:
- the device at address 0x00030000, usually called B0D3, must be renamed to HDAU
- the resulting HDAU device must be recognized by AppleHDAController (config.plist patches required if not natively recognized... or you can use FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext)
- your framebuffer must be patched for HDMI-audio (there are patches in my default config.plist (disabled) files: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config). It is trial/error to determine which port your HDMI is connected (actually, they are positional and you can tell by looking at ioreg).
- patched AppleHDA is required (sometimes VoodooHDA works, but my experience has been not good)
- you have to inject "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" for IGPU and HDAU objects. This is usually done with DSDT/SSDT edits (_DSM methods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back