Graphics
Nvidia GeForce 550 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am trying to install Yosemite over an existing Mavericks installation. I was able to successfully install Yosemite and was able to log into the system using nv_disable=1. After running multibeast, I was only able to log in with nv_disable=1 boot flag. Otherwise, my screen would turn off when graphics were supposed to be loaded. I installed the nvidia web drivers and now, instead of the screen turning off, I get a blank grey screen (full screen so I believe graphics are starting to load then freezing).

Graphics Card
EVGA nVidia 550 Ti

I am using the following in my boot.plist
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
IGPEnabler=No
UseKernelCache=Yes
PCIRootUID=1 (If I use 0, the screen turns off as well)

I have tried adding nvda_drv=1 as is recommended here (http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ate-graphics-drivers-10-10-2-343-02-02-a.html ) but that also turns my monitor off instead of loading graphics.

Any ideas? I'm trying to avoid a fresh install but will if I can't get this fixed.

I am trying to install Yosemite over an existing Mavericks installation. I was able to successfully install Yosemite and was able to log into the system using nv_disable=1. After running multibeast, I was only able to log in with nv_disable=1 boot flag. Otherwise, my screen would turn off when graphics were supposed to be loaded. I installed the nvidia web drivers and now, instead of the screen turning off, I get a blank grey screen (full screen so I believe graphics are starting to load then freezing).

Graphics Card
EVGA nVidia 550 Ti

I am using the following in my boot.plist
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
IGPEnabler=No
UseKernelCache=Yes
PCIRootUID=1 (If I use 0, the screen turns off as well)

I have tried adding nvda_drv=1 as is recommended here (http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ate-graphics-drivers-10-10-2-343-02-02-a.html ) but that also turns my monitor off instead of loading graphics.

Any ideas? I'm trying to avoid a fresh install but will if I can't get this fixed.

I personally do not recommend what you are attempting to do; however you should follow this guide if you intend to do it: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-os-x-yosemite-using-unibeast-multibeast.html

I'm sure that you have a clone of your working system or at least a good TimeMachine image and can restore your system to good working order.

I recommend a clean install of Yosemite and working out the post install issues before using the Migration Assistant app to bring your data and apps over from your Mavericks disk/partition.

Good modding,
neil

Edit: and as an aside, you do not want to use the web based Nvidia drivers with your GPU. The support in OS X is add that is needed.

Thanks for the response. I should have mentioned that I followed that guide to install Yosemite over Mavericks. All the problems I am having are after following it.

I will try removing the web drivers and using the original ones again, however they were causing my monitor to turn off earlier.

I do not have experience with the 550 TI. I did own a 650 TI and ran Mavericks on it for a good long time and then sold the system meaning that I did not have Yosemite experience to share.

And there are some GPUs that just do not behave well. I suggest that you do a search here on the forum for people having success in Yosemite with your GPU.

My current personal recommendation for a GPU is the GTX 760 as I own three and each has the ability to run 4 monitors concurrently in either Mavericks or Yosemite and are OOB installs.

Good modding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back