Contribute
Register

Freak's GA-X99M-GAMING 5 mATX Build - I7 5930K - GTX 970 - Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys :)
i just tried to install my first hackintosh with this guide. i own an i7 6800k x99m and a gtx970 + Samsung 850Evo.
what I've done so far :
cleaned usb with disk utility -> installed el capitan with unibeast -> replaced the EFI folder with the efi install folder and renamed it to EFI -> installed clover on the usb with the same settings like in your attached picture
I changed Bios-Settings just as u did. But whenever i try to start the installation, the bootmenu won't show up my hackintosh-installer-usb. I am able to see the usb in the bios ... any ideas? o_O
Thank you!
PS: my bios is running f22 because the f22e isn't available anymore.

How does the install guide change if we install Sierra? Does the EFI folder change?

Easy upgrade... Use Clover r3676 or newer and don't use FakeCPUID..

So I upgraded to the latest Clover to install Sierra from my working Yosemite install.

- I can boot from Yosemite, but not the "macOS Install" partition
- Using -x -v nv_disable=1 npci=0x3000 I get a hang that looks like it occurs after cpu and then a line that begins "pci" but not PCI Configuration

Fixes attempted:

- Latest FakeSMC kext added
- Numerical folders deleted under /EFI/Clover/Kexts

If I don't use -X, I receive relocation block errors. Any help?

Hello.
Running x99m-gaming, 5820k . I updated to 10.12.1 form a perfectly working 10.11 build. Has anyone ran into reboots on shutdown? Booting with my backup drive from 10.11.6 it shuts down fine. Also anyone seen photos error, of needing to update to view library?

Thanks !

So I upgraded to the latest Clover to install Sierra from my working Yosemite install.

- I can boot from Yosemite, but not the "macOS Install" partition
- Using -x -v nv_disable=1 npci=0x3000 I get a hang that looks like it occurs after cpu and then a line that begins "pci" but not PCI Configuration

Fixes attempted:

- Latest FakeSMC kext added
- Numerical folders deleted under /EFI/Clover/Kexts

If I don't use -X, I receive relocation block errors. Any help?

I had troubles with macpro 6.1 in my config. Needs a patch to run that. Maybe that's the issue.

Can't edit my above post so here's this:

How I surpassed this for anyone looking for information to go from OSX Yosemite 10.10.5 to macOS Sierra 10.12

Updated Clover to latest version (sourceforge)
Installed via App Store - installed & reboot
Error above occurred (tried all countermeasures listed)

Found https://nickwoodhams.com/

Backup my EFI folder
Download Nick's EFI folder

Open config.plist and replace:

- Your SSDT
- SMBIOS

Moved his kext files from 10.12 to Other and deleted the numerical folders

I kept his bootflags and am currently installing Sierra *fingers crossed*

---

EDIT: Now I am in Sierra but have an input lag issue I had in Yosemite. I forget how I fixed last time, but it must be a USB issue.

Last edited:
Gigabyte GA-X99M-GAMING 5
i7-5930K Haswell-E - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G

(Updated May 07, 2016)

View attachment 195750

Hello, I am trying to even boot my computer on X99M Gaming 5 motherboard (I had a Z170 Gaming 5 working fine, but I got free parts), and Ii can't seem to get past the apple logo. There is no bar at the bottom, and I did everything you did for the boot drive. What am I doing wrong? The main thing I noticed is that yours and everyone else's BIOS on this motherboard looks very different then mine. Some of the things are hidden in my BIOS that are not hidden in yours, judging by the picture. Please help!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back