Contribute
Register

Freak's GA-X99M-GAMING 5 mATX Build - I7 5930K - GTX 970 - Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess you didn't look at the config.plist in the attached system-efi folder... Place the kext in /L/E. This works fine for me with iMac14,2 MacPro5,1 and MacPro6,1...

Code:
        <key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>remove usb limit</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g72M/v//EA==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g72M/v//Fg==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </array>

Guess you didn't look at the config.plist in the attached system-efi folder... Place the kext in /L/E. This works fine for me with iMac14,2 MacPro5,1 and MacPro6,1...

Code:
        <key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>remove usb limit</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                g72M/v//EA==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                g72M/v//Fg==
                </data>
            </dict>
        </array>
Yes, I have this Patch! But the injector did nothing, all blue ports are dead (maybe even yellow are), black ports work in like they should in USB2.0 mode...
I don't know if it can be CPU/dsdt related. Can you please share your dsdt? I remember I did something inside dsdt related to USB functionality, not remember what, maybe something related to OS.
Thanks!

Yes, I have this Patch! But the injector did nothing, all blue ports are dead (maybe even yellow are), black ports work in like they should in USB2.0 mode...
I don't know if it can be CPU/dsdt related. Can you please share your dsdt? I remember I did something inside dsdt related to USB functionality, not remember what, maybe something related to OS.
Thanks!
Don't really have a answer for you. I'd do the following:
1. Update bios to F22
2. Remove any Non-Apple kexts you've installed.
3. Put the above X99_Injector.kext in/L/E
4. Clear Kernel cache and repair permissions
5. Reboot and test.

USB3-1.png
USBSpeedTest.png

Last edited:
1. Update bios to F22
5. Reboot and test.

View attachment 200278
View attachment 200279
I think I've found the problem: months ago I edited the dsdt and changed the name from XHCI to XHC. By editing info.plist of injector I think I have USB3.0 support, hope better then with USBInjectAll.kext!
Asus-Freak, thank you for your support!
Do you think over 28000 GB3 score and over 1500 CB score are good results for $500 cpu? :D

And why you guys are using NullPowermanagement kext? Just generate with ssdtPRGen.sh a new ssdt for power management and drop native PM ssdt using clover!

im rly happy to found your post! just got the mainboard and a 6800K.. ill try to install it your way tomorrow :)

If i disable CMS in Bios, my Samsung 850Evo 500GB wont appear in the Boot Priority. Clover wont show me the SSD as well. With CMS enabled the SSD shows up in the UEFI Boot Priority, but Clover wont show me the SSD again :(
Any hints ?

- Ive got the latest F22 Bios
- The SSD is GUID and ExFat formated ( ive tryed NTFS and no format at all too)

Specs :
Gigabyte x99m Gaming 5
i7 6800K
Palit GTX 970
4x8GB 2400 Hyper X DDR4 Ram
850Evo 500GB - for Hackintosh
Adata 250GB - Cheap SSD for Windows ( Windows is installed )
650W Crucial Gold+ PSU
Bitfenix Phenom White (mATX)

---------------------------------------
Once more :

Windows 8 and CMS disabled -> SSD shows up in Bios but not in Boot Priority or Clover

Windows 8 and CMS enabled -> SSD shows up in Bios and in Boot Priority ( also if i hit f12) but not in Clover ( Just USB Partition and "Windows SSD")

Other OS -> Same as Windows 8 and CMS enabled

It doesnt matter how i format my SSD.
----------------------------------------
What ive tryed :

Ive created my bootable osX USB without replacing it with the EFI-Installation Folder. Ofc the installation crashed, BUT the SSD was listed in Clover!

Ive created the USB stick just as descripted, but one time with the clover installation folder and one time without. The result was the same, just the clover wallpaper switched to Xmas Mode.

Last edited:
If i disable CMS in Bios, my Samsung 850Evo 500GB wont appear in the Boot Priority. Clover wont show me the SSD as well. With CMS enabled the SSD shows up in the UEFI Boot Priority, but Clover wont show me the SSD again :(
Any hints ?

- Ive got the latest F22 Bios
- The SSD is GUID and ExFat formated ( ive tryed NTFS and no format at all too)

Specs :
Gigabyte x99m Gaming 5
i7 6800K
Palit GTX 970
4x8GB 2400 Hyper X DDR4 Ram
850Evo 500GB - for Hackintosh
Adata 250GB - Cheap SSD for Windows ( Windows is installed )
650W Crucial Gold+ PSU
Bitfenix Phenom White (mATX)

---------------------------------------
Once more :

Windows 8 and CMS disabled -> SSD shows up in Bios but not in Boot Priority or Clover

Windows 8 and CMS enabled -> SSD shows up in Bios and in Boot Priority ( also if i hit f12) but not in Clover ( Just USB Partition and "Windows SSD")

Other OS -> Same as Windows 8 and CMS enabled

It doesnt matter how i format my SSD.
----------------------------------------
What ive tryed :

Ive created my bootable osX USB without replacing it with the EFI-Installation Folder. Ofc the installation crashed, BUT the SSD was listed in Clover!

Ive created the USB stick just as descripted, but one time with the clover installation folder and one time without. The result was the same, just the clover wallpaper switched to Xmas Mode.
Hi! Have you tried to change your sata port?

1. Update bios to F22
5. Reboot and test.

View attachment 200278
View attachment 200279

Hi Asus-Freak!
I really don't understand where is my error, please take a look at picture:

Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 15.00.32.jpg

I put the above X99_Injector.kext into /L/E folder and used KextUtility.app. But it does not load! Maybe cause it's unsigned?
Thanks!

Hi! Have you tried to change your sata port?

Yes ive tryed different ports. If i would try to install Windows on my Hackintosh SSD it would work just fine. Ive got no idea anymore :O

Hi Asus-Freak!
I really don't understand where is my error, please take a look at picture:

View attachment 200586

I put the above X99_Injector.kext into /L/E folder and used KextUtility.app. But it does not load! Maybe cause it's unsigned?
Thanks!
That's how it shows on my box, I believe it's because it's unsigned. With that said if I remove it from /L/E the USB 3.0 ports no longer work. Don't have an explanation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back