Contribute
Register

Freak's GA-X99M-GAMING 5 mATX Build - I7 5930K - GTX 970 - Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can verify that 10.11 El Capitan PB6 will run on X99 using CloverUEFI without a kernel patch. Much more testing to do, will keep the thread updated.

Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 8.15.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 8.15.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-09-09 at 8.49.38 PM.png

Hi, I'm running an msi x99 SLI plus motherboard with the 5930k and gtx970, I followed your guide, knowing that the different motherboard probably would cause issues, and get to the clover install screen but when i try to install I get only three lines of progress ending in:

OsxAptioFixDrv: AllocateRelocBlock(): cannot allocate relocation block (0x1A161 pages below 0x100000000): Not Found

I'm wondering if you have any ideas on how I could get this working, and I understand it really is a case by case thing but any knowledge would be appreciated. Thank You

I can verify that 10.11 El Capitan PB6 will run on X99 using CloverUEFI without a kernel patch. Much more testing to do, will keep the thread updated.

View attachment 150443

View attachment 150444

View attachment 150445

Hello kduvernay! I have a little problem and maybe you can give me a good advice!
Essentially my config is the same, same MB, MSI GTX 970 Gaming, 32GB Corsair, Samsung XP941 M.2 256GB.
The only big difference is the CPU, I have a xeon e5-2695 v3 14core cpu! Win 10 runs ok on this machine!
Using your files I have stuck/reboot (depends if I using cpus=1 flag) on "PCI configuration begin"!

What I've tried:
-using less RAM and different RAM brand;
-using different GPU, an old nvidia 9400 gt card;
-using different FakeSMC and VoodooTSCSync (with value for my cpu) kexts.

And always I have the same problem! I even installed El Capitan on my notebook and put the SSD onto my new pc, same thing!

So probably the problem is my cpu... What can I do?
Any idea?
Thank you!

Hello..
Im curious on boot times for x99 builds.

Running x99m-gaming, I7-5820k, 16gb Ram. Corsair force gt 240 ssd. Hd 7970.

Im getting about 30 seconds from hitting the power button to fully loaded Osx.

It seems like my broad takes too long to show the gigabyte Screen.

Gigabyte GA-X99M-GAMING 5

Man, I am having issues with "still waiting for root device", could you please, for the love of god post you other BIOS settings? XCHI / EHCI page, Overclocking settings, etc?

I imagine the root device is due to the USB 3 issues with clover, I have considered partitioning a disk to make the install from there, but I would like to know if this is just a config issue. Whenever I plug it into a USB 2 port, the computer simply won't start the bootloader.

I got pretty much the same components as you, the only difference that i am using a GA-x99-UD3P (should I buy a GAMING 5? although I am told the chipset is pretty much the same).

PLEASEEEE Post it the bios sreenshots or PM! many thanks! :)

Whenever you say "without a kernel patch", what does this means? I mean, should i leave the VoodooTSCSync.kext out of the kext installs?

Whenever you say "without a kernel patch", what does this means? I mean, should i leave the VoodooTSCSync.kext out of the kext installs?
VoodooTSCSync.kext is irrelevant to patching the kernel so just do a normal Clover install if you want to test ElCap. IMO, stick with Yos...

Man, I am having issues with "still waiting for root device", could you please, for the love of god post you other BIOS settings? XCHI / EHCI page, Overclocking settings, etc?

I imagine the root device is due to the USB 3 issues with clover, I have considered partitioning a disk to make the install from there, but I would like to know if this is just a config issue. Whenever I plug it into a USB 2 port, the computer simply won't start the bootloader.

I got pretty much the same components as you, the only difference that i am using a GA-x99-UD3P (should I buy a GAMING 5? although I am told the chipset is pretty much the same).

PLEASEEEE Post it the bios sreenshots or PM! many thanks! :)

After much wrestling this is what I decided to do, worked great, only lost 10GB of disk space and the install was pretty swift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back