Contribute
Register

Frankencat's Pro Tools build: Core i5 3570K - Gigabyte Z77-DS3H - 16GB RAM - GeForce GT 610 - PCI-E

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Atheros LAN on the Rev1.1 board he has doesn't/didn't work as there wasn't a driver for it. However, Shailua on the insanelymac forums has just ported the latest driver for it, although it's still experimental.

Thanks, samisnake. I didn't realise that Gigabyte has updated their ethernet chipset in the latest revisions of their boards.

Thanks for the help!

I am trying a build with these specs, I have been working on this for about two weeks with no avail. I have been using the same exact multibeast selections in my build, but nothing will boot not in safe mode.

i7 3770
Gigabyte z77-ds3h rev 1.1
onboard video
using a tv though hdmi, then i tried using the dvi port and a dvi to hdmi adapter
no luck

I am trying a build with these specs, I have been working on this for about two weeks with no avail. I have been using the same exact multibeast selections in my build, but nothing will boot not in safe mode.

i7 3770
Gigabyte z77-ds3h rev 1.1
onboard video
using a tv though hdmi, then i tried using the dvi port and a dvi to hdmi adapter
no luck

Check if you have VT-d disabled in your BIOS.

miramar, you are my hero. I have been working on this for two weeks changing the system definitions but it never worked.
When I enabled Vd-t in my bios, it booted up no problemo.

Thank you,
I am eternally greatful!

Yep, it is actually "partially certified" as far as drivers etc. Avid is working on it and I have been in touch with them about my setup. Thanks for the link. :)

Stork, I tried MackPro3,1 but I found that MacBookPro8,1 works best for this build. I will add that to the notes. :)

I'm currently using iMac 12,2 with same mobo v1.1 and same i5 3570K, is there a benefit to using MacBookPro 8,1 ? I have gtx650ti and screen doesn't wake after sleep. Also, cpu shows in About This Mac as 3.39Ghz. Any tips?

Nevermind - got sleep working perfectly by installing a sleep enabler kext. Also, 3.4ghz now shows up properly (not sure exactly what that was,, might have been something in bios. Still going to try 8,1 and benchmark for differences.

Right now I am running MacPro 3,1 and it is stable and sleep/wake is working. I am running oc'd at 4.2GHz but it 3.4 in "About". You can see the real speeds and multipliers in HWMonitor.

I am running iMac 12,1. I have full iCloud, App Store, Wake, Sleep, etc. support. I have the i7 3770, and hwmonitor only shows 4 cores. Does anyone know how to get it to show the eight cores?

later peeps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back