i5-10500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Just bought one of these for $29.99 and moved an 8 year old system into it. I had owned the Core 1000 many years ago but didn't like it and sold it almost immediately. This is much better. My only gripe is that it's rather difficult to install a full size mATX board into this case. ITX or the narrower mATX boards are no problem at all. Another big advantage over most ITX cases is that you don't have to use the more expensive SFX PSUs. You can use the standard ATX PSUs quite easily.

It's a "cheap" case in terms of cost but has really good build quality. For 30 dollars I can highly recommend it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NPIL6GQ/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Last edited:
Here's how an ITX system would fit. Lots of room and good airflow. You can use dual width graphics cards.

87iiwi7ukdly.png

It's a really tight fit to install a regular 9.6" by 9.6" mATX board. The second 5.25 inch bay interferes and it takes some work to install it when the I/O shield is in place. I was able to do this but it was not easy.

For reference:

1606060703040.png

Look, no punch out PCIe slot covers ! You never see this on 30 dollar cases. These are actually replaceable once you remove them. I like that. The same slot covers you'll get on a $100 Fractal Design case.

Screen Shot 24.jpg

Last edited:
Here's the white LED lit power button. Very nicely done. Only two front USB ports but many newer more expensive cases only have two.

20201122_100950.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back