Asus Sabertooth X79
CPU
i7-3960
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
This forum has become incredibly slow to load pages and has a number of other errors which I am not sure if Tony & crew are aware of.

First loading forum pages takes forever, often a minute or more and often just renders a blank page which means I have to keep refreshing until I get to the post I want to view or reply to.

Secondly when editing a post, I click edit and it just takes me to the front page of tonymacx86.com. I have to click back, refresh, click edit and try again and eventually sometimes 1 but sometimes 3 tries to get the forum to take me into edit mode.

Is anyone else experiencing problems like this?

Additionally posting a new thread like this one just hung for 5 minutes. I had to go back to this part of the forum and re-create the post as it just hangs with the little flashing bars in the bottom of the edit window and the top right of the browser.

Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 11.33.44 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 11.33.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 11.33.51 AM.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 162
What extensions do you have installed in Chrome? This seems like something is blocking or degrading performance, and I'm not having any trouble myself now or last night when I was editing a large post.

@adamsmasher I only have 1Password and Evernote extensions in Chrome. I am posting this now from Safari which seemed to load the site a bit faster. Perhaps the latest Chrome has an issue with loading the site ? I was also concerned with the GTMetrix tests s they run from a completely different location altogether as my browser. Very strange.

Now just testing editing this post from Safari and uploading an image too.

I don't know if it's related but a problem I've noticed is that if I leave a particular page open for more than a few minutes Safari 11.0 tells me that it has reloaded the page because it was taking up an "excessive amount of memory". Presumably that has something to do with the ads? Over a gigabyte of memory for this page alone - there has to be something wrong.

Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 21.43.54.png

Known bug in Safari 11.

Nothing to do with Safari, Site giving major issues in Chrome, Safari and Firefox. See attached. Again regardless of browser as I have tested this in Firefox, Chrome and Safari, visiting a post directly through a link jus redirects to the front page of tonymacx86, clicking on the forum menu and choosing a forum takes 2-3 attempts to get to the forum page. Uploading files times out as does the whole web site which can be proven with tests through GTMetrix.

tonymacx86.jpg

Attachments

• tonymac-redirects.txt
    31.6 KB · Views: 1,380
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back