Motherboard
Gigabyte Z790 UD AX
CPU
i7-13700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i had a 1060 6gb and was experiencing terrible lag and stutter in Fortnite (game freezes for a split second about every 3 seconds). I thought it was due to the sh*t show that is the NVDIA webdriver issue, so I traded for an RX 480, and the same issue occurs. Can anyone else try Fortnite in MacOS 10.13.3 and report back? It’s a free game.

See if this helps

See if this helps
Tried lowering EVERYTHING to they lowest settings as suggested in the first step, and the same issue occurs. I don’t have a low FPS, I have frame drops. My FPS counter shows about 130 FPS, but every 3-5 seconds, it drops to like 2 fps for a split second.

I am on Sierra and run that game on lower GPU RX 460 2 GB without that problem.
Perhaps HS Problem OR! Server/Internet drop outs, in online shooter games often looks like gpu problem but without fast & good internet connection to server gets unplayable.-

I am on Sierra and run that game on lower GPU RX 460 2 GB without that problem.
Perhaps HS Problem OR! Server/Internet drop outs, in online shooter games often looks like gpu problem but without fast & good internet connection to server gets unplayable.-
It’s not my internet. I have 100 up and down fios, and I can play perfectly fine when in windows or console. If I could game in Mac, I wouldn’t need windows at all. Also, this glitch is concerning because it makes me wonder what underlying issues there may be, and if they are affecting other performance without me knowing (ie video editing programs etc).

My experience with Fortnite is that during gameplay, it rarely stutters, with most settings on EPIC, with AA and shadows set to high. The FPS drops often occur when leaving the lobby, and sometimes in the battle bus (which is usually around 60fps). I get frequent crashing during the loading screen. I get stuttering during the game only when I'm airplaying (mirroring the screen) to my AppleTV, and it can crash the game doing this, as this puts additional stress on the system, but I'm surprised how well this works.
I also only use windowed fullscreen mode 2560 x 1080, as fullscreen mode crashes the game often.
On Windows, I get about 75 fps, but the whole experience is a little smoother, and doesn't crash, plus I can overclock the graphics card a little.
I'm looking to change to an AMD card, as I understand that the whole Mac experience is just more responsive, plus when Fortnite crashes, it appears to be metal driver related. I'm running the latest Nvidia drivers and latest version of High Sierra. The older 'safe' patched driver (106 I think) crashes Fortnite nearly ever time I run it.
Your issue might not be hackintosh related, but rather a buggy Mac version of Fortnite. I've not had it crash on IOS yet, but then I'm quite bad at the game anyway, and trying to play it with on screen controls makes it even harder!

Last edited:
Same thing for me on macOS 10.13.4 and the accompanying Web Drivers didn't make a difference. I'm on a ”real” Mac Pro (Mid 2010) with GTX 970 graphics. I've also tried it a few weeks ago on a MacBook Pro (Late 2013) on macOS 10.13.3, both using built-in graphics drivers and the Nvidia Web Drivers – same stuttering for both. :(

But very nice frame rates on the Mac Pro before the game starts to stutter, i.e. after jumping out of the bus. I can also see some nice frame rates between the stutters, so I get the impression things will run pretty well of the stuttering gets resolved eventually (whatever the cause is).

Its weird. Why are some users not reporting any issues? Do they have a different fortnite version? Or perhaps its a high sierra issue and those without issues are on sierra or older?

i had a 1060 6gb and was experiencing terrible lag and stutter in Fortnite (game freezes for a split second about every 3 seconds). I thought it was due to the sh*t show that is the NVDIA webdriver issue, so I traded for an RX 480, and the same issue occurs. Can anyone else try Fortnite in MacOS 10.13.3 and report back? It’s a free game.

I have the same issue! I'm using a GTX 960, on Windows: Fortnite was perfect with the same specs I have right now. Please let me know if you have a fix :'(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back