Contribute
Register

Fortnite lags terribly on my 8700k Rx 480 build

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new RX 580 has arrived, and I much prefer the macOS experience compared to the GTX 1060. Fortnite is also much more playable, and doesn't crash every other game. :mrgreen:. I can't get the both to play happily together in the same machine in macOS, so it looks like I'll be getting rid of the 1060, despite its slightly better performance in some areas. I'm still running 10.3.3 BTW.

Ha! I had the exact same issue on an 8700K and GTX 960, and updating Lilu to 1.2.3 solved it. Give it a whirl, if you're running an older version, the latest release (see above) came out about two weeks ago and totally fixed the framerate stutter I was having.

Attachments

• 1.2.3.RELEASE.zip
    197.7 KB · Views: 89
Ha! I had the exact same issue on an 8700K and GTX 960, and updating Lilu to 1.2.3 solved it. Give it a whirl, if you're running an older version, the latest release (see above) came out about two weeks ago and totally fixed the framerate stutter I was having.
I’m not using lilu, inject AMD, or Radeon deinit, because supposedly I don’t heed it, and it runs perfect other than fortnite. Weird issue.

Same issue for me, I'm on a real Mac Pro 5,1 2 x 3.46 6 Core Xeon, 64 GB RAM, GTX 1070 Graphics + latest Nvidia Web driver.
I think it has something to do with texture swapping.

It seems to happen when you turn or move quickly and have to load more textures in to memory.

Lower resolutions it is better, but that's natural as you'd have more texture memory available.

I'm not sure why it's running out of texture memory on an 8GB graphics card though, it would be interesting to see how much of the graphics card memory is being used at any given time, not sure if you can do that on OSX.

*Update - at 3480 x 1440 epic detail my GPU is using 423MB RAM, I suspect this is the culprit. I do have a 2nd GPU in the system that only has 512 MB RAM so I'm going to remove that and see if OSX is that stupid.

*Update 2, 2nd card removed, still only using 500 MB RAM max, jerky as hell.

*Update 3, looks like it may have been a red herring, a different activity monitor (iStats) shows 50% memory usage on GPU which is more what I would expect, still jerky. Its definitely loading things from disk I think

Last edited:
I have the same problem someone please help me to get rid of the dual boot :(

My issue is Fornite loads (really long load times) but whenever I get to the game and leave the Bus it just completely locks up my system and I have to reboot on my R9 290 Tri-X.

So odd...
My old GPU (Radeon HD7950 Boost) was dying, every time it touched 72°C the entire machine Locked up...

I jumped on a RX580 at a great price and While all the sudden everything else is working (iMovie, all other games running a bit better or much better) Fortnite still crashes all the time...

I haven't managed to get to the game per say...
Most of the time it gets stuck at the last second of loading.

Using 10.13.6.
Anybody else having these issues?

For Fornite, you should try to play in Win. Trust me, same hardwares in Win provides you much better quality and performance compared with in macOS.

Installed fortnite. I have a GTX 1050 OC with an i3 8300, Hackintosh. The frame rate is very volatile (goes to 30 to 100 and over) and it drops frames every few seconds, even at everything low. The max stutter/frame drops is at the beginning when many players are in your view. Damn, it's not the best graphic card but it was released in 2017 and was in the Buyer's Guide. After installing cuda drivers it's a little bit better, but still unacceptable at everything low.

I scored 101 fps in the cinebench r15. What's your score?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back