Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Forcing RGB mode for problematic displays

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just managed to use the tool on my hackintosh (i pressed shift all the time till I had the log in screen). I exported the display to the systems folder and the system kept running. Then it informed me that there is a newer version of mojave and right now it installs it. Before that I tested my about mac info and it told me that I do have a 4k screen with a Gigabyte RX 580. so from that side everything is fine ... I'm really optimistic ...

so good news is the hackintosh is uptodate now and still reckons the graphic card.
problem is there are some quirks in the graphics. like e.g. a red square in the size of 3-4 to inch.

how can i solve that?

is there a test?

I just rebooted the square is at the same place in the same color ... if it would be black I would call it like 2001 :) but it sucks and I want it away from my desktop !

Attachments

• D2799217-FED9-44CD-8C8C-F7C2BBC588C2.jpeg
    D2799217-FED9-44CD-8C8C-F7C2BBC588C2.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 111
Last edited:
so good news is the hackintosh is uptodate now and still reckons the graphic card.
problem is there are some quirks in the graphics. like e.g. a red square in the size of 3-4 to inch.

how can i solve that?

is there a test?

I just rebooted the square is at the same place in the same color ... if it would be black I would call it like 2001 :) but it sucks and I want it away from my desktop !

I have no idea what's causing that.

The topic is about how macOS handles displays. Glitches or booting failures cannot be solved by that.

You have to do steps in #19 again after upgrading to Catalina.

Wow! Awesome work! Thanks!!
@pastrychef I am glad to say that I resolved the DisplayPort colour banding issue and confirmed the results by observing the interface in Dark Mode carefully, including sidebars and Launchpad. After multiple restarts, colour banding still no longer happens.

The steps are incredibly simple without any technical skill.
  • Open Hackintool
  • Switch to the Tools tab and press Disable Gatekeeper and mount the disk in read/write mode (for macOS Catalina and later only)
  • Switch to the Display tab and just export without changing anything
  • As Hackintool has generated 3 files and 1 folder to Desktop, just drag the folder DisplayVendorID-xxxx to /System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources/Overrides
  • Restart
If the results remain fine after one week, I will mark this topic as Solved.
Hi @Bustycat. I had a problem similar to yours, regarding colors that were not displayed correctly. I could solve it with your method, following the suggestion of @pastrychef, however I see that you used Mojave. Have you updated Catalina yet? If so, did you need to apply this method there? In Mojave my graphics were good, but in Catalina I got this problem and although it was fixed a lot, the problem of colors is still very slight.

Hi @Bustycat. I had a problem similar to yours, regarding colors that were not displayed correctly. I could solve it with your method, following the suggestion of @pastrychef, however I see that you used Mojave. Have you updated Catalina yet? If so, did you need to apply this method there? In Mojave my graphics were good, but in Catalina I got this problem and although it was fixed a lot, the problem of colors is still very slight.
Yes I upgraded to Catalina very early. The files for the solution are moved out to Relocated Files so the steps have to be done again. No problems on Catalina.

Yes I upgraded to Catalina very early. The files for the solution are moved out to Relocated Files so the steps have to be done again. No problems on Catalina.
Ok, it's good to know that it works for you. In my case, I don't know the reason, but although it improved a lot with the patch, you can still see the waves, especially in the background of Safari.

I also had to do it again with Catalina. Works fine.

Ok, it's good to know that it works for you. In my case, I don't know the reason, but although it improved a lot with the patch, you can still see the waves, especially in the background of Safari.
In this capture you can see the bands mentioned.

Attachments

• screen.png
    screen.png
    376.4 KB · Views: 180
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back