Contribute
Register

Forced to "install high sierra" - can´t download full installer for USB-install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will try to test install Mavericks on a SATA HDD and try to do an upgrade to High Sierra by trying to download its installer to that system and then create a USB installer in that as well as a direct upgrade. Once I finish, I will post the results hoping to help you.

In the mean time , please "Send to Trash" all the incomplete High Sierra Installer files you have downloaded to your hard drive. They will block downloading a fresh file by sitting there.

Ok, I cleaned all updatefiles, downloaded the installer, tried another time to upgrade from Mavericks to High Sierra, without success, same behavior. I have cleaned all update related files again now and am waiting for your response.

Ok, I cleaned all updatefiles, downloaded the installer, tried another time to upgrade from Mavericks to High Sierra, without success, same behavior. I have cleaned all update related files again now and am waiting for your response.

• I understood from your reply that you had removed all previously downloaded "High Sierra" files from your current Mavericks System Hard disk.
  • I understood you have made a fresh download of High Sierra Installer file to your Mavericks and made another attempt to install and failed.
  • I wanted you to check its shasum1 and verify it against published values to confirm you have a full file before attempting to install ; I had given the terminal Shasum 1 command and the link to check published values. You have not mentioned anything about it.
    • Did you confirm your downloaded macOS High Sierra Installer file is complete and does not contain any missing or corrupt files?
    • What Clover EFI Bootloader you have on your current Mavericks?
  • Since readers get no chance to view what you see on your Display monitor, the only way for us to fully understand the problem you see on the screen and give proper advice is for you to share the image seen on the monitor through upload with each post. Once we can review those images:
    • You may get a more useful answer.
    • Other readers of your post can use that as a reference to troubleshoot same or similar problems they might encounter.
  • I have just located my Mavericks Installer file. I am in the process of installing it on an Intel 6 series Motherboard; I don't have an earlier generation board to try . Once I complete it, I will try to download High Sierra to it and see I get any problem during creation of the installer or its installation and then update my post.
EDITED TO INCLUDE Screen shots of MacOS High Sierra USB creation and accessing Installation screen _Disk Utility in OSX Mavericks Installation in MoBo:GA_H61M-HD2+CPU:Intel i3 -3245 3.4GHz+AMD Radeon 5450 -2GB
I want to acknowledge with THANKS that I had used Clover EFI bootloader modified by RehabMan to create this High Sierra USB Installer. The additional menu of "Kext Inject Management" is unique and a brilliant idea from him. You can use this tool during boot at Clover Boot Manager Screen to disable any kexts from kexts>Other Folder if cause of any boot problem..

Attachments

• 1.High Sierra Install CMD.png
    1.High Sierra Install CMD.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 505
  • 2.High Sierra Installer App in Applications Folder.png
    2.High Sierra Installer App in Applications Folder.png
    937.6 KB · Views: 523
  • 3.High Sierra USB created.png
    3.High Sierra USB created.png
    507.8 KB · Views: 468
  • 4.High Sierra USB in CBM screen .png
    4.High Sierra USB in CBM screen .png
    860.4 KB · Views: 471
  • 5.High Sierra USB CBM_Options_Boot Args .png
    5.High Sierra USB CBM_Options_Boot Args .png
    1.1 MB · Views: 456
  • 6.High Sierra USB_Options_Theme.png
    6.High Sierra USB_Options_Theme.png
    553.8 KB · Views: 419
  • 7.Tables Dropping.png
    7.Tables Dropping.png
    1 MB · Views: 417
  • 8.HighSierraUSB_Drop OEM_DSM.png
    8.HighSierraUSB_Drop OEM_DSM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 396
  • 9.HighSierraUSBDSDT-fix mask.png
    9.HighSierraUSBDSDT-fix mask.png
    660.6 KB · Views: 391
  • 10.HighSierraUSB_SMBIOS.png
    10.HighSierraUSB_SMBIOS.png
    917.9 KB · Views: 373
  • 11.HighSierraUSB_PCI devices.png
    11.HighSierraUSB_PCI devices.png
    960.7 KB · Views: 380
  • 12.HighSierraUSB_CPU Tuning.png
    12.HighSierraUSB_CPU Tuning.png
    963.2 KB · Views: 376
  • 13.HighSierraUSB_GraphicsInjector.png
    13.HighSierraUSB_GraphicsInjector.png
    985.6 KB · Views: 370
  • 14.HighSierraUSB_Audio tuning.png
    14.HighSierraUSB_Audio tuning.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 347
  • 15.HighSierraUSB_Binary Patching.png
    15.HighSierraUSB_Binary Patching.png
    1 MB · Views: 359
  • 17.High SierraUSB_System Parameters.png
    17.High SierraUSB_System Parameters.png
    664.9 KB · Views: 353
  • 18.Boot High Sierra USB from CBM.png
    18.Boot High Sierra USB from CBM.png
    811.2 KB · Views: 358
  • 19. High Sierra Boot screen Normal.png
    19. High Sierra Boot screen Normal.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 337
  • 20.HighSierraUSB boot Normal DSMOS arrived.png
    20.HighSierraUSB boot Normal DSMOS arrived.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 342
  • 21.HighSierraUSB_Apple Logo Before Installer screen.png
    21.HighSierraUSB_Apple Logo Before Installer screen.png
    287.3 KB · Views: 350
  • 22.HighSierraUSB on Installer screen.png
    22.HighSierraUSB on Installer screen.png
    582.4 KB · Views: 340
  • 23.HighSierraUSB_ in Disk Utility.png
    23.HighSierraUSB_ in Disk Utility.png
    812.4 KB · Views: 320
  • 16.Kext Inject Mangement .png
    16.Kext Inject Mangement .png
    821 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
Screenshot 2017-11-04 12.32.07.png
It isn't related to mavericks, I have a Hack with elcapitan and same behavior, once i go to appstore and click macOS High sierra 10.13.1 installer is downloaded to Apps folder, but is just an app of 19.7Mb, also tried all the tricks mentioned in the post with no luck, unibeast 8.0 mentions High sierra installer is incomplete, forgot to mention I either don't want to install High sierra in this hack right now, it is for a new build

Hi there. I followed this guide as well and downloaded the full macos hogh sierra on my desktop. Unibeast does not recognize it and I am stuck at place where you need to select macos to install it in the USB. The picture of high sierra macos is greyed out. I tried to drag the downloaded high sierra that is on my desktop to the /applications but unibeast still does not recognize it. Any suggestions on what I need to do to make a bootable USB using Unibeast? Thanks
Never mind. I was able to drag the downloaded macos high sierra file from desktop to application folder, fired up unibeast and this time it recognized it. It is all good.

It's rule ! Very good for anybody who hurted by this 20Mo installer from the app store (like me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back