Contribute
Register

Force RGB Mode Pink Tint Magenta hue Big Sur?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Reboot into recovery mode (⌘-R at boot).
  • Mount your main disk (enter Disk Utility, select the gray Macintosh HD, click Mount, provide your password, close Disk Utility).
  • Open up a terminal (Utilities -> Terminal), backup the overrides directory, copy in your new override file, and reboot:
    • cd /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/System/Library/Displays/Contents/Resources
    • cp -R Overrides Overrides.bak cp -R /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Users/jrr/Desktop/DisplayVendorID-10ac Overrides/
    • reboot
https://spin.atomicobject.com/2018/08/24/macbook-pro-external-monitor-display-problem/
This is the outdated method. Do not try with /System/Library/ for Big Sur.

/Library/ folder should not be off limits. If you can't write to it, macOS will probably give you all sorts of problems.

/System/ folder is different.

View attachment 501801
I made the same directory of folders but the system doesn't know to look there for forced RGB files.

I made the same directory of folders but the system doesn't know to look there for forced RGB files.

I don't know why your system doesn't know to look there... It works for me...

I tried everything......Then I decided to move the connectors around.... When I first got my card RX580, triple monitors only worked via 1 HDMI, 1 DisplayPort and 1 DVI on each. I pulled the DVI adapter off and jammed the pink hue cable into the 2nd HDMI port and Voila! No pink screen and triple monitors. What a headache....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back