i5 4690K Haswell
Graphics
nVidia GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[SOLVED] Force OS X to stop trying to mount linux partitions

I have a triple boot system (Mountain Lion, W7 and some linux distribution that I change from time to time).

Every time I login in OS X, the system tries to mount the linux partition and a message window shows up saying that the disk should be initialized. Is there a way to stop it? Is not a deal breaker, but is annoying.

Thanks

I have a triple boot system (Mountain Lion, W7 and some linux distribution that I change from time to time).

Every time I login in OS X, the system tries to mount the linux partition and a message window shows up saying that the disk should be initialized. Is there a way to stop it? Is not a deal breaker, but is annoying.

Thanks

I think if you created a single small HFS+J partition it might stop complaining. Because I think it only complains about a disk that has no partitions understood by OS X, so just adding one will quiet the message. At least that's what I assume, given that on my laptop (triple boot) OS X doesn't complain about the ext4/swap partitions present on the single SSD.

Worth a try anyway...

Were you able to do a live re-partitioning or did you have to partition and then re-install Linux? I am making a new build and would like to fix that annoying little thing this time around, and would love to not have to re-install Mint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back