Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z490-E
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Hi,

is there a way to force HDMI to 144Hz from 60Hz? I use as SMBIOS iMac 19,1.

Thank you!

So, no one?

So, no one?

Can you do it here by holding option and clicking scaled, then checking the show low resolution modes? That will display a drop down to change the refresh rate. Also, what resolution are you running?
Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 9.34.28 AM.png

Can you do it here by holding option and clicking scaled, then checking the show low resolution modes? That will display a drop down to change the refresh rate. Also, what resolution are you running?View attachment 482177

Thank you very much for the reply!

Unfortunately, it doesn't work. It just works over DisplayPort, but I need HDMI @ 144Hz.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-29 um 16.04.09.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-29 um 16.04.09.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 58
I have such an adapter but the problem is that I have a black screen to the pre-boot (just when the pc starts up) and I can see nothing when I want to start with windows. Don't know if this is a bug of my mobo.

That's a different bug if you aren't able to see the boot manager screen. Make sure the primary graphics device is set to the PEG in bios. Just curious... what version of macOS are you running?

That's a different bug if you aren't able to see the boot manager screen. Make sure the primary graphics device is set to the PEG in bios. Just curious... what version of macOS are you running?

If I set PEG in bios I have a black screen on macOS, so I must stay with "CPU".
I have the last version 10.15.6 (19G73)

If I set PEG in bios I have a black screen on macOS, so I must stay with "CPU".
I have the last version 10.15.6 (19G73)

Your GPU has zero support in 10.14+. The reason you don't see the clover menu is because you have CPU/IGP set as primary. You can either run 10.13.x or change the card to an AMD GPU.

Your GPU has zero support in 10.14+. Second the reason you don't see the clover menu is because you have CPU/IGP set as primary. You can either run 10.13.x or change the card to an AMD GPU.

If I set CPU/iGP I can acutally see the OpenCore menu IF I use the HDMI OR DisplayPort. I cannot see it if I use the adaptor.

Anyway, I don't know if and how to have 144Hz with iGPU/HDMI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back