Contribute
Register

For those of you who did direct "Upgrade" from Yosemite..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
2x GEFORCE GT 640
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
On my test SSD I used the USB install method and did a fresh install of El Cap, but Ive read that some have done the direct upgrade from Yosemite (like you would on a regular Mac) with success.

I have done the upgrade twice with the same result. Each time the install works fine but when I go to boot the first time (via Clover) the Apple load screen will come up, and then I get an instant reboot, without the progress bar moving at all.

Are there any boot flags that I should try? Did any of you experience this? I do not wish to do a clean install on this SSD as I already have the 'other' clean install that I could start migrating everything over too, or wait for final release and try then.

Any suggestions?

Did you try booting without caches and in safe mode (-x -f for Chimera, don't know if this applies to Clover)? I have to do this after every major update in order to complete the installation (e.g. from 10.10.3 to 10.10.4).

I decided to use migration assistant to move my apps and the majority of my other files over to the current El Capitan install.. Now I will still have my Yosemite OS X and my El Capitan OS X. This way I dont risk losing anything whilst using/upgrading El Capitan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back