Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> For those looking for a laptop, Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro is literally THE best laptop for Hackintosh compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure of your math?
Dude... ok I get it, I could have worded that statement in a better way, but your provocative (and subtly insulting) post is also unneccessary and wrong.
First of all, when people say 99%, it is often not literal. If you take everything literally, you will have a lot of misunderstandings in life.
Secondly, I was trying to express that 99% of the things work compared to other hackintosh laptops. Since no laptop in the world has working wifi, bluetooth, fingerprint reader, dedicated GPU, and SD card reader right now, it would be 100%, and I said 99% just in case some laptop has some really niche feature that this laptop doesn't. You can easily tell that is what I mean from the original sentence, but you intentionally omitted the second part of my sentence so that you can mock my math abilities.
Lastly, there are many other threads on the forum saying "99% working", so why are you singling me out? If you feel the need to point my "mistake" out, then you would have to do it for a lot of other posts as well. Or of course, you can just learn to accept that not everything in life is literal and move on.

Dude... ok I get it, I could have worded that statement in a better way, but your provocative (and subtly insulting) post is also unneccessary and wrong.
First of all, when people say 99%, it is often not literal. If you take everything literally, you will have a lot of misunderstandings in life.
Secondly, I was trying to express that 99% of the things work compared to other hackintosh laptops. Since no laptop in the world has working wifi, bluetooth, fingerprint reader, dedicated GPU, and SD card reader right now, it would be 100%, and I said 99% just in case some laptop has some really niche feature that this laptop doesn't. You can easily tell that is what I mean from the original sentence, but you intentionally omitted the second part of my sentence so that you can mock my math abilities.
Lastly, there are many other threads on the forum saying "99% working", so why are you singling me out? If you feel the need to point my "mistake" out, then you would have to do it for a lot of other posts as well. Or of course, you can just learn to accept that not everything in life is literal and move on.

Thank you for explaining what 99% really means.

Hello,

Thanks in advance for your help !

I made my bootable key with createinstallmedia on macOS, I created my EFI partition with Clover with (a priori) the right checkboxes. I disabled the secureboot in the bios. I boot, the computer detects that I have an EFI partition with clover on which it boots, I put -v to access the verbose mode in the argmts boots of clover, and I start the installation. At first no problem, I don't see any "error", or at least the installation doesn't stop. And the installation ends up crashing with this error: "new kext com.apple.driver.KextExcludedList v14.5.1 matches prelinked kext but can't determine if executables are the same (no uuids)" I tried to switch to a different version of MacOS(10.13), and I got the same error, but with "v13.2" instead of "v14.5". and I don't see how to fix this problem...
I've already done a hackintosh, on a fixed pc, but I've never had this error... Do you have any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your answers and your help !

I think my ASUS Zenbook UX430 is better. Everything works, even SD card reader. You only need to replace wifi adapter.[in my case I did not replace wi-fi card, but just purchased cheap TP-link USB adapter]. The UX430 is around same price as Xiaomi MI notebook pro but you can get different Zenbook models for more or less money depending on your budget..

My guide starting on post #7 https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-8550-kaby-lake-r-alc294.243618/#post-1683113
Hey starcentral,
I love how you were able to convert last year's zenbook model. I've just recently bought the ASUS ZenBook UX434 and I want to do the exact same thing you did. Do you think this is at all possible to convert the new screen pad model to a hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back