Gigabyte GTX 780 GHz Edition
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello

Im planning on building a Hackintosh. Can hackintosh's support external soundcards? I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4. It needs a driver to work. Will I be able just to install the driver like I would on any mac, or would it take alot of tweaking and messing around to get it to work?

Hi Xflare,

As long as the OS X version you plan to install is supported by Focusrite's drivers then it should work fine on Hackintosh

Focusrite Website page at time of this post states only OS X 10.7 and OS X 10.8 are supported so no Snow Leopard support.

The process of installing your driver is no different so just download the Scarlet 2i4 driver and install that on OS X Lion or ML then connect the Scarlet to a direct USB port (not a USB hub - for Latency sake !) and that's that !

Hi Xflare,

As long as the OS X version you plan to install is supported by Focusrite's drivers then it should work fine on Hackintosh

Focusrite Website page at time of this post states only OS X 10.7 and OS X 10.8 are supported so no Snow Leopard support.

The process of installing your driver is no different so just download the Scarlet 2i4 driver and install that on OS X Lion or ML then connect the Scarlet to a direct USB port (not a USB hub - for Latency sake !) and that's that !

Great, thanks very much for confirming that for me. My interface should work with no problems then :)
And yes, my 2i4 gets its own dedicated USB port in my iMac, which is my current machine atm before i build my mackintosh. No way am I giving a 5V studio device less power than it needs :D

Hey Xflare,

after you have built your Hackintosh and have it running exactly the way you want it and can spare the time, please could you submit a post on the the Confirmed Audio Interfaces forum for the Focusrite 2i4 http://www.tonymacx86.com/music/124...-hobbyist-pro-sumer-pro-drivers-mac-os-x.html

as you have an iMac then a comparison with your Hackintosh vs your iMac might be useful, especially a comment on Latency :)

Hey Xflare,

after you have built your Hackintosh and have it running exactly the way you want it and can spare the time, please could you submit a post on the the Confirmed Audio Interfaces forum for the Focusrite 2i4 http://www.tonymacx86.com/music/124...-hobbyist-pro-sumer-pro-drivers-mac-os-x.html

as you have an iMac then a comparison with your Hackintosh vs your iMac might be useful, especially a comment on Latency :)

Hi there,

Im not 100% sure im going to build a hackintosh yet, but if I do and i remember this post i certainly will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back