ThinkPad E480 (2018)
CPU
i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R)
Graphics
UHD 620 (Radeon RX550 Disabled)
I am using ThinkPad E480 (2018) and here is my devices info:

- Intel Core i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R)
- 2x16GB DDR4 2400Mhz RAM
- Intel UHD Graphics 620 (Fake to HD620), Radeon (TM) RX 550 (2 GB) has been disabled using WhateverGreen
- RTL8168/8111/8112 Gigabit Ethernet Controller
- Conexant CX20753/4 (layout-id: 15)
- BCM94352Z (DM1560)

Currently I am using macOS Catalina 10.15.4 (19E266) with OpenCore 0.5.6 (Release).

I am facing nearly exact the same issue that @dandepeched has: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/lid-close-stop-working-after-sleep.279447/
I have read all the discussion which seems that the issue is still there and no clues are provided.

After waking from S3 sleep, the light of Esc Key will be on (which means FnLock is on) and then all my Fn shortcuts won't work then. With ACPIDebug I can see no EC Query was sent then (Before S3 Sleep Fn shortcuts is working and EC queries was sent correctly).

LiD sleep won't work after waking from sleep, which I believe is related with PNP0C0E and the patch is applied.

gen_debug tool can't work with OpenCore, so I manually include my original ACPI (from Clover F4) and my OC folder in the attached debug file.

Any other advices about how to optimizing my EFI are welcome as well, as I am a new-bee to Hackintosh and I just create all the stuff from scratch since last month.

------

Update: Find more issues:

• If the laptop is has no AC plugged in before sleep, then it will shows uncharged even when AC is plugged in after waking.
  • If the laptop is has AC plugged in before sleep, then it will shows charging even when AC is off after waking
  • After waking from S3 sleep, the shutdown will become reboot then (shutdown works correctly before S3 sleep)
It becomes clear that there might be some issues related with PTSWAK, but I don't know why and how.

Anyone please have a look at my attached debug file? I have my original ACPI & my OpenCore folder inside it.

------

I have the shutdown fix by my own, see #8: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...om-s3-sleep-thinkpad-e480.294343/post-2094818

Attachments

• debug_12046.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:
What does your BIOS say about Fn lock?

What does your BIOS say about Fn lock?

There is no FnLock in BIOS, but Fn Primary.

When Fn Primary is enabled, I could use Fn shortcut with Fn+F1 (or sorts of things). And I can still use Fn+Esc to toggle Fn Lock, which means Fn+F1 will trigger original F1, and F1 will trigger Fn shortcuts.

I have Fn Primary enabled in my BIOS, and after I boot into my macOS the FnLock light (which is at Esc Key) is off. It went on only after waking from S3 Sleep.
After waking from sleep, not only the FnLock light is on, Fn+Esc doesn't work either. And FnLock is still in "disabled" mode (I mean, F1 still triggers F1 as it is, etc.), while Fn+F1 can't trigger the Fn shortcuts.

There is another issue. The Battery Status won't update after waking from S3 sleep as well:
  • If the laptop is has no AC plugged in before sleep, then it will shows uncharged even when AC is plugged in after waking.
  • If the laptop is has AC plugged in before sleep, then it will shows charging even when AC is off after waking.

There is no FnLock in BIOS, but Fn Primary.

When Fn Primary is enabled, I could use Fn shortcut with Fn+F1 (or sorts of things). And I can still use Fn+Esc to toggle Fn Lock, which means Fn+F1 will trigger original F1, and F1 will trigger Fn shortcuts.

I have Fn Primary enabled in my BIOS, and after I boot into my macOS the FnLock light (which is at Esc Key) is off. It went on only after waking from S3 Sleep.
After waking from sleep, not only the FnLock light is on, Fn+Esc doesn't work either. And FnLock is still in "disabled" mode (I mean, F1 still triggers F1 as it is, etc.), while Fn+F1 can't trigger the Fn shortcuts.

I would try turning the Fn Primary off in BIOS and use Karibiner Elements to remap the Fn function.

That way you can have a FnLock toggle after waking from sleep?

I would try turning the Fn Primary off in BIOS and use Karibiner Elements to remap the Fn function.

That way you can have a FnLock toggle after waking from sleep?

No, it doesn't.

----

After turning Fn Primary off in BIOS and reboot, I can use F1-F12 to trigger its shortcuts. But after waking from S3 Sleep, the F1-F12 become back to original F1-F12 then.

Also, I noticed that after waking from S3 sleep, the shutdown will become reboot then. It becomes clear that there might be some issues related with PTSWAK, but I don't know why and how.

Anyone please have a look at my attached debug file? I have my original ACPI & my OpenCore folder inside it.

Last edited:
Anyone please provide helps?

Update:

By adding the code below in "_PTS" Method in SSDT-PTSWAK, I have the Shutdown fixed.

Swift:
If ((0x05 == Arg0))
{
    \_SB.PCI0.XHC.PMEE = Zero
}

But still, neither Fn shortcuts nor LIDSleep is fixed after S3 Sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back