Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP EliteDesk 800 G4
CPU
Intel 3.2gh i7
Graphics
UHD 630
I've searched the forums but can't find a fix to this problem.

Booting up is fine, but after starting to login, the screen flickers, has horizontal white lines, then settles down to a cler display, but the screen can seem slow to refresh and if images are opened in a browser window or a video plays, it can become garbled.

I can take a screenshot or video of the startup/flickering if that helps.

I've tried different screen resolutions on clover configurator, the SMBIOS settings are for a MacPro3,1.

Does anyone have advice on how to fix ?.

I've searched the forums but can't find a fix to this problem.

Booting up is fine, but after starting to login, the screen flickers, has horizontal white lines, then settles down to a cler display, but the screen can seem slow to refresh and if images are opened in a browser window or a video plays, it can become garbled.

I can take a screenshot or video of the startup/flickering if that helps.

I've tried different screen resolutions on clover configurator, the SMBIOS settings are for a MacPro3,1.

Does anyone have advice on how to fix ?.

Skylake graphics likely to be a no-go until Apple releases a Mac that uses it.

But...

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Thanks so much for the help, I've attached the file.

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    452.5 KB · Views: 175
Thanks so much for the help, I've attached the file.

You're injecting a Haswell ig-platform-id (0x0d220003 is for Haswell desktop configurations).

That will not help for Skylake.

Must use valid Skylake ig-platform-id.

I changed the ig-platform-id in Clover Configurator to 0x12345678 as suggested on a page in the forum, this had no effect.

Is there any way I can find the correct id to inject ? I've seen posts about the Intel 530 graphics chip, but little about the 520.

I'm probably going to buy a machine with the 530 chip and i7 processor as well, but would like to get this as stable as possible first.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

I changed the ig-platform-id in Clover Configurator to 0x12345678 as suggested on a page in the forum, this had no effect.

Using a (different) invalid ig-platform-id should not be expected to make a difference.

Both are invalid and will keep the graphics drivers from loading.

You need to inject a valid ig-platform-id for Skylake graphics.

This is a current list:
Code:
ig-platform-id values SKL 10.11.2

00 00 12 19
01 00 02 19
01 00 12 19
01 00 32 19
02 00 16 19
02 00 26 19
03 00 1E 19

Note: They are byte-reversed as seen in the binary, so first, for example is 0x19120000.

I tired the following values in clover configurator (did I convert them correctly):-

00 00 12 19 - 0x19120000 :- system hung
01 00 02 19 - 0x19020001 :- (system went back to the boot logos)

01 00 12 19 - 0x19120001 :- (as above)
01 00 32 19 - 0x19320001 :- (as above)
02 00 16 19 - 0x19160002 :- (this garbled the screen at the bottom, then went black)
02 00 26 19 - 0x19260002 :- (as above)
03 00 1E 19 - 0x191E0003 :- (similar to above)

Is there anything else I can do ? (I already tried unticking inject Intel, as expected, just a black screen)

I tired the following values in clover configurator (did I convert them correctly):-

00 00 12 19 - 0x19120000 :- system hung
01 00 02 19 - 0x19020001 :- (system went back to the boot logos)

01 00 12 19 - 0x19120001 :- (as above)
01 00 32 19 - 0x19320001 :- (as above)
02 00 16 19 - 0x19160002 :- (this garbled the screen at the bottom, then went black)
02 00 26 19 - 0x19260002 :- (as above)
03 00 1E 19 - 0x191E0003 :- (similar to above)

Did you boot verbose?

Keep in mind there are no Macs with integrated Skylake graphics, so you should expect the drivers are buggy at this point.

Is there anything else I can do ? (I already tried unticking inject Intel, as expected, just a black screen)

If you untick Inject/Intel you should use VESA graphics and ig-platform-id becomes a non-factor. If it is not working with VESA graphics, you have some other problem that you should solve first.

I did boot verbose, the system "tried" to boot into graphics mode, the screen then either went black, hung and returned to the clover boot screen again (I don't think it restarted, but could have I suppose), or the screen looked like an untuned channel on old terrestial TV, "squiggly lines".

Don't get me wrong, the display isn't bad at the moment without injecting anything, it's perfectly usable but it's easy to notice some grey parts of the screen not getting updated correctly, it looks like chunky graphics at times.

How do I get vesa mode?, I simply unticked "Inject Intel" to see what happened, I ended up with a black screen and had to power off (I didn't try verbose mode with this though).

I'd like to get this working as best as I can, not only for myself but for anyone else that buys the same machine. It's cheap to buy and runs El Capitan well, quicker than my 2014 Mac Mini with 16gb of ram.

Would you like me to try booting verbose again and recording at which point the graphics fail ?

I did boot verbose, the system "tried" to boot into graphics mode, the screen then either went black, hung and returned to the clover boot screen again (I don't think it restarted, but could have I suppose), or the screen looked like an untuned channel on old terrestial TV, "squiggly lines".

Don't get me wrong, the display isn't bad at the moment without injecting anything, it's perfectly usable but it's easy to notice some grey parts of the screen not getting updated correctly, it looks like chunky graphics at times.

How do I get vesa mode?, I simply unticked "Inject Intel" to see what happened, I ended up with a black screen and had to power off (I didn't try verbose mode with this though).

I'd like to get this working as best as I can, not only for myself but for anyone else that buys the same machine. It's cheap to buy and runs El Capitan well, quicker than my 2014 Mac Mini with 16gb of ram.

Would you like me to try booting verbose again and recording at which point the graphics fail ?

You're not being clear about what you're doing.

On one hand you say "display isn't bad at the moment without injecting anything"...

and then you say "I simply unticked "Inject Intel" to see what happened, I ended up with a black screen and had to power off"

unticking "Inject Intel" is the same as "without injecting anything"...

You can look in ioreg to see the state of any injections you did and the state of the graphics drivers in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back