Contribute
Register

Flatfoot's Power Mac G5-i7 [DONE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Flatfoot's PowerMac G5-i7

Never heard of superflower psu's either. I have corsair's in my other 3 PC's, but decided to try seasonic this time around. Picked up a 750 X-serious on new egg for $120 with free shipping. They normally run $160, so when I saw 120, I popped on it quick.

Anyway, I love these case mods and yours looks good!!

Thanks. Although I haven't really started on the case yet... :)

I have almost everything here now to proceed on Tuesday/Wednesday, the most crucial missing thing, however, being some dead ATX mobo I want to use for gluing the standoffs to the case. My wife won't let me go to our local computer seller/repair service to ask them for one until after my exam on Tuesday. :cry: ;)
Oh, and the Mountain Mods I/O panel isn't here yet.

BTW: Updated post 1

EDIT: Just had another look at the tracking info for the rear I/O panel at USPS.com.
It says there "Addressee requests own pick-up - Item being held, addressee being notified"
I know for sure that I haven't requested own pick-up, so I googled the phrase and found out that it means that German customs is holding the parcel back.
So I'll be waiting for a letter from them and then head there to find out. I hope they're not going to charge customs duty for a $9.99 part...
Somewhere I read that they also do that if there is no value of content given on the packaging. But still its strange they start nagging with this parcel; a few years ago I ordered ~$150 worth of computer electronics from the US, German customs even opened it so that they could have seen the bill. Still, they didn't charge anything – and I didn't have to go pick it up...
I guess I'll get some clarification on Monday.

Update:

Just ordered a few more small parts:

• an air filter mat for the whole front (well, it's not small but cheap ;))[/*:m:33do4x7u]
  • a fan (3-pin) power extension for the front fans (2–4 undervolted Scythe Slip Stream 120mm I already have; I'm planning an excess pressure system)[/*:m:33do4x7u]
  • another 3-pin Y-cable (already have some, but you never know...)[/*:m:33do4x7u]
  • thumbscrews for the PCI slots (some luxury...)[/*:m:33do4x7u]
  • a pack of HDD screws, some of which I'll try to mod into G5 hard drive screws using modelling clay.[/*:m:33do4x7u]

hmm i didnt know there were two designs for the hard drive caddy. my A has a plastic solid top which seems bad for ventilation. maybe i will cut some holes.. nice progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back