Contribute
Register

Flatfoot's Power Mac G5-i7 [DONE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Flatfoot's PowerMac G5-i7

Thx, that's what you get when you let me have a little brainstorming. ;)

Though the whole endeavour was kind of mute given the fact that I ordered a third HDD caddy yesterday and the guys are sending me another 10 slide screws along with it for free.
With those I already have this gives me a total of 17, which is perfectly enough for my current three 3.5" HDDs plus one 2.5" SSD, the latter of which I'll mount in one of the sleds using adaptor brackets.

I'll have to add a fourth 2TB drive soon though, so it's still good to have the homemade HDD screws. :thumbup:

flatfoot said:
Thx, that's what you get when you let me have a little brainstorming. ;)

Though the whole endeavour was kind of mute given the fact that I ordered a third HDD caddy yesterday and the guys are sending me another 10 slide screws along with it for free.
With those I already have this gives me a total of 17, which is perfectly enough for my current three 3.5" HDDs plus one 2.5" SSD, the latter of which I'll mount in one of the sleds using adaptor brackets.

I'll have to add a fourth 2TB drive soon though, so it's still good to have the homemade HDD screws. :thumbup:

Yeah but now it will give somebody else an idea if they don't have any :D
I am still thinking of a hot swap set up lol

eelhead said:
Yeah but now it will give somebody else an idea if they don't have any :D

That was one of the reasons for me to post it anyway. :)

eelhead said:
I am still thinking of a hot swap set up lol

I thought about that, too, but came to the conclusion that hot-swapping makes a bit more sense when you can do it from outside the case. Also, I just don't need it. :D
Still I'll be following what you come up with.

BTW: I just removed the old motherboard from the case to be able to spot the lamp directly at the glue blobs. This seems to work; the only downside is that I have to move the lamp from spot to spot every now and then.

Noticed that the connections seem to be pretty strong already, the surface of the glue, however, is still sticky, which isn't good as I want to route cables underneath the mobo.

flatfoot said:
A little update: I just put the case onto the balcony where it is exposed to the afternoon sun. That should get the glue hardened.
lol, Man I would write that company and be like WTF your glue sucks! ;)

Maybe I just didn't get the mixture right... Anyway, if it hasn't hardened by tomorrow, I'll just cover up the blobs with something so the cables I shove by them don't get all sticky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back