Contribute
Register

Flatfoot's Power Mac G5-i7 [DONE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Flatfoot's PowerMac G5-i7

Here's how I placed my fanless (yes!) PSU.
It's a working progress but you get the idea, as you wanted to have the option to mount the G5 cover plate.
As I want to place some weight (several HDDs) on top of the G5's lower plate, I had to stabilize it from below.

Attachments

• g5-mod-inside.jpg
    g5-mod-inside.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 644
  • g5-mod-inside-closed.jpg
    g5-mod-inside-closed.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,004

Hi,

I think you didn't have to cut up the rear part, since there is room for two 92mm. fans, if you just choose the right ones.

I have ordered two:

cooling-fan_arctic_cooling_f9_pro_92mm_fan_low_noise-13149490-frntl.jpg

There "ought" to be room for them, with some 2mm. :shifty:

@nielstm27:
Thanks for the input.
I also wanted to use the original fan assembly and this in combination with the Mountain Mods I/O shield doesn't work without moving the fans over a bit.

@arw:
Yes, that's where I'm probably gonna place my PSU, too, so it exhausts to the back. Nice job you did there with the support frames for the lower plate! :thumbup:

maaan this mod looks great so far! any updates? btw how do u like ur xfx 6870? im planning to get the xfx 6870 or the msi 6870 twin razor froz ii,

POw

lol I did the same thing with weighing the mobo down so the standoffs all get glued into place correctly.

flatfoot said:
I know, I copied that from you... :oops:

Also, I didn't have a pack of Scottish water at hand. ;) (see the_gael's (?) G5 work-log)

LMAO!!

I only used the weights because to board I was using I bought bkoke off ebay and it had a slight twist. I originally had it in there glued in and when I removed the mobo to look at the standoffs there where 3 that where about 4 centimeters from being flat to the case lol so I had to redo them all with some weight

Of course the Scottish water might make you forget steps in the build process ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back