Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Re: Flatfoot's PowerMac G5-i7

Update: Just ordered the following:

• PSU: Super Flower Amazon 800W (80PLUS bronze)
    I know, nobody seems to know Super Flower but they're silent, voltage stable (in contrast to the Corsair GS800, for example) and affordable. A friend of mine, who runs a PC parts, software and services business, favours them, too.
    It's a non-modular one now that I've decided to use the original G5 rear fan mounting and thus have to move the mobo further up so that the PSU won't fit in the top rear. Mounting the PSU at the bottom of the case renders a modular PSU (and the premium I'd have to pay to get a decent one) unnecessary since I can hide the cables below the (cut to fit) PSU cover plate.[/*:m:1x14pbpq]
  • CPU cooler: Thermalright Silver Arrow
    Just about the best CPU cooler that's out there ATM. Might be replaced with a Corsair H100 some time in the future.[/*:m:1x14pbpq]
  • Rear fans: 2x Scythe Kama PWM 92mm
    These are for the rear fan-assembly and will be attached to the second PWM-header on my mobo.[/*:m:1x14pbpq]

I will sell my current PSU and CPU-cooler once I have moved my hack to the G5-case to get some of the money I spent today back in.

EDIT: For German buyers
When I ordered the CPU cooler and rear fans from http://www.pc-cooling.de I forgot to order the extra PWM Y-cable for the rear fans. (BTW: http://www.pc-cooling.de include a 30cm PWM Y-cable with every Thermalright Silver Arrow in addition to the accessories included in the retail box.)
So I sent them an eMail asking them to add the cable and send me an updated PayPal invoice, just to receive the answer that my order had already been finished. That meant they couldn't send me an updated invoice – but put the cable in anyway, at no charge. I mean, it's just €1.99 but anyway...
Plus, the parcel was already handed to DHL today and is on its way. Not every online store does that despite receiving an order in the morning with immediate PayPal payment.

Note: I'm not affiliated in any way with those guys. Just wanted to share my positive experience.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
CPU
Intel i5 2500K
Graphics
Nvidia GTX 650Ti Boost
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Never heard of superflower psu's either. I have corsair's in my other 3 PC's, but decided to try seasonic this time around. Picked up a 750 X-serious on new egg for $120 with free shipping. They normally run $160, so when I saw 120, I popped on it quick.

Anyway, I love these case mods and yours looks good!!

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
i7-6700K OC @ 4.5GHz
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Thanks. Although I haven't really started on the case yet... :)

I have almost everything here now to proceed on Tuesday/Wednesday, the most crucial missing thing, however, being some dead ATX mobo I want to use for gluing the standoffs to the case. My wife won't let me go to our local computer seller/repair service to ask them for one until after my exam on Tuesday. :cry: ;)
Oh, and the Mountain Mods I/O panel isn't here yet.

BTW: Updated post 1

EDIT: Just had another look at the tracking info for the rear I/O panel at USPS.com.
It says there "Addressee requests own pick-up - Item being held, addressee being notified"
I know for sure that I haven't requested own pick-up, so I googled the phrase and found out that it means that German customs is holding the parcel back.
So I'll be waiting for a letter from them and then head there to find out. I hope they're not going to charge customs duty for a $9.99 part...
Somewhere I read that they also do that if there is no value of content given on the packaging. But still its strange they start nagging with this parcel; a few years ago I ordered ~$150 worth of computer electronics from the US, German customs even opened it so that they could have seen the bill. Still, they didn't charge anything – and I didn't have to go pick it up...
I guess I'll get some clarification on Monday.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
i7-6700K OC @ 4.5GHz
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Update:

Just ordered a few more small parts:

• an air filter mat for the whole front (well, it's not small but cheap ;))[/*:m:33do4x7u]
  • a fan (3-pin) power extension for the front fans (2–4 undervolted Scythe Slip Stream 120mm I already have; I'm planning an excess pressure system)[/*:m:33do4x7u]
  • another 3-pin Y-cable (already have some, but you never know...)[/*:m:33do4x7u]
  • thumbscrews for the PCI slots (some luxury...)[/*:m:33do4x7u]
  • a pack of HDD screws, some of which I'll try to mod into G5 hard drive screws using modelling clay.[/*:m:33do4x7u]

Motherboard
p8p67 pro 3.0
CPU
i5 2500k
Graphics
xfx 6870
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

hmm i didnt know there were two designs for the hard drive caddy. my A has a plastic solid top which seems bad for ventilation. maybe i will cut some holes.. nice progress