2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello,

Im running a Z77X-UD5H motherboard, a 3570K Ivy Bridge CPU and 8GB of kingston HyperX memory. Ive been having alot of trouble getting Mountain Lion installed on my system, as Unibeast decided it only wanted to write like 3mb to my drive (i know some files are hidden, the installation would take like 10seconds) So i decided, to hell with it; Ill install Lion; then go and update with the M.A.S. Doing this, I made the installer with Unibeast, ran Bridgehelper 4.0.1 as 5.0 seems to disable the sata ports, and as I booted from it the first time I am able to get into the Unibeast installer; format my drive, install Lion Ect. Then it rebooted after the installation has finished, so i booted back into the unibeast menus to select my newly installed upon drive. As I do the screen loads up as the Apple Logo with the spinny loading icon for litteraly a split second then restarts my computer back to the bios screen and im completely stumped here?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thankyou for the suggestion but i did try and the same thing happens.
This is becoming a real pain... And yea sorry I forgot to mention im running a 6870.

I also have another partition that ive kinda given up on, Running mountain lion, it boots up to the point as the little spinny thing freezes and it fades to just a plain white screen and will just stay there eternally.

... as Unibeast decided it only wanted to write like 3mb to my drive (i know some files are hidden, the installation would take like 10seconds)
Unibeast doesn't make decisions, generally the problem is with your USB drive or your downloaded ML install app. Using a different USB drive and/or re-downloading is the fix. Did you follow any if the many guides here? For example: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...0k-ga-z77x-ud5h-his-radeon-6870-16gb-ram.html

It will be hard to have any confidence in your install based on what you've already done. Might think 'bout starting over with ML.

Hello, Thanks.
Yeah what i decided to do, is to install a Brand New Mountain Lion partition on my iMac, then clone that onto my boot drive using an External enclosure; Then inserted it into my machine, with Unibeast Boot Loader and tried to boot into it. It kept freezing and rebooting; So i downloaded the F7 Bios from the gigabyte website and flashed it (from the F4 Bios). Then tried to boot into it again, and it was sucessful. Ive now installed all necessary things using Multibeast ect. And its all been working absolutely fine! (so far!)
Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back