Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I had a Hackintosh I installed on a separate disk from my original Windows 10 install. Everything had been working fine but after cloning the Windows install and trying to move it to a larger internal drive I can't boot into anymore (the Hackintosh install still boots fine through Clover).

I ended up wiping the Windows install because I have another backup/it was really only game installs anyway but now I can't reinstall Windows on the computer. I've used the original Windows install media I have (it won't install to then disk with either MBR or GPT), tried creating new Windows install media on a USB drive with Boot Camp Assistant (I get the "insufficient drive space" error on a 64GB USB drive), and creating USB install media manually using these instructions (I can't select the new USB drive as a boot option).

Any ideas for debugging? It's all SSDs and both the Windows and Hackintosh installs had been running smoothly for a few years.

Hi,

I had a Hackintosh I installed on a separate disk from my original Windows 10 install. Everything had been working fine but after cloning the Windows install and trying to move it to a larger internal drive I can't boot into anymore (the Hackintosh install still boots fine through Clover).

Im curious did you use a motherboard and cpu to install the Hackintosh or did you plug the USB straight into the SSD ?

Very Curious indeed.

Any ideas for debugging?

The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you. They are only for listing components and details of your primary system you are seeking assistance for or your latest system. Since they are viewable under you avatar they need to kept as small as possible.
IMPORTANT ^^^^

Related Links:
Update Profile Link

Curious/\/\ac

I ended up wiping the Windows install because I have another backup/it was really only game installs anyway but now I can't reinstall Windows on the computer. I've used the original Windows install media I have (it won't install to then disk with either MBR or GPT), tried creating new Windows install media on a USB drive with Boot Camp Assistant (I get the "insufficient drive space" error on a 64GB USB drive), and creating USB install media manually using these instructions (I can't select the new USB drive as a boot option).

Any ideas for debugging? It's all SSDs and both the Windows and Hackintosh installs had been running smoothly for a few years.
Impossible to diagnose without hardware info. Please follow the forum rules and enter your hardware into your profile.

Impossible to diagnose without hardware info. Please follow the forum rules and enter your hardware into your profile.

I Have already asked the user to update there profile.

Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you. They are only for listing components and details of your primary system you are seeking assistance for or your latest system. Since they are viewable under you avatar they need to kept as small as possible.
IMPORTANT ^^^^

Related Links:
Update Profile Link

Curious/\/\ac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back