Contribute
Register

Fixing boot0 Error Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can happily report that the following usb wifi card runs under osx 10.6.8: hawking technologies hw7acu usb wifi adapter. Now I'm off to attempt to download and install Yosemite(osx v10.10). Wish me luck!!! ;);););)

Thanks,

Hi all,

After weeks of trying to setup my hackintosh via an ethernet connection running SL, I successfully did it with a usb network adapter(hawking technology hw7acu, osx 10.6 driver) and identified as en1 in system preferences. However when I try to log into the app store, I get the 'Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance.' error.

In looking around at the various possible solutions, I'm leaning toward rehabman's solution on insanelymac.com in order to attempt to download El Capitan(10.11) but am open to all other possible solutions that would work. I also want to be able to back up any files that would be modified prior to performing any modifications.

All suggestions are welcome and thanks in advance.

Thanks,

I'm on it. Thanks!

I am following the steps as posted by the original poster but am stopped at step 4 because I am running SL and Multibeast. When I try to run maciasl, I get the error that it can only run in 10.8 and later.

My cpu is an Intel Core 2 Duo and is running in 64 bit mode according to information found in 'About this Mac'. Given my configuration, what are my next steps to replace steps 4 and 5 so I can move on with finishing the steps so I can access the MAS? Everything I've seen on this site is unclear about what to do in this situation so any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

I created a DSDT.aml file using DSDT Editor and placed it in the extras folder. In the DSDT editor, I opened up the patch.txt file from the nullethernet folder after retrieving the dsdt info from the computer's bios. I applied the patch to the data retrieved from the bios, compiled and fixed any errors that were found. I then saved the modified file as DSDT.aml and placed it in the extras folder.

For step 9, I searched and did not find 'networkinterfaces.plist'. So I rebooted and when I went to add back the adapters, only the adapter I use to connect to the internet is listed. The other possibilities listed are as follows: built-in serial port(1), vpn, pppoe, 6 to 4.

I need some help here because I'm sure I missed something.

Thanks,

The serial port is now disabled. The remaining possibilities listed are as follows: vpn, pppoe, and 6 to 4. I still need help to resolve the issue of the 'fake' adapter not showing based on following the steps listed in the threads posted earlier. Any and all help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back