Contribute
Register

Fixing boot0 Error Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'll have to buy one but I'll look thru my stuff and see if I have one. I'm going to need at least 20-25 feet for this exercise.

At this point I don't have audio and usb working. Will future os upgrades enable these? I hope ethernet is working but we'll see what happens.

Thanks,

On the Dell Optiplex 760, the Ethernet ports are Intel. On Snow Leopard you should have this working OTB. Check and confirm that About this Mac > System Report Ethernet is en0 or you will not be able to download from the App Store - there is a check for en0 on ethernet.

For Audio get a USB Audio solution, the Silver Sabrent listed in the Buyers Guide > Accessories section works great. Audio on these Dells isn't something that you will get working in macOS so USB audio is the best option. USB should otherwise be working for keyboard, mouse and USB thumb drives.

Last edited:
I found the ethernet info under the network section of the system profiler and the ethernet connection is indeed en0. I'll look into the Silver Sabrent product you mentioned. Thanks for the info.

One more question: as I upgrade the os, do I also have to upgrade the multibeast equivalent as well?

Thanks,

I just ordered the sabrent product. One more question: can I use the following wireless network usb adapter with my current build or will I have to wait until I have a more recent os running(Hawking Technology HD45U USB Adapter)?

Thanks

The Hawking Technology website isn't clear what macOS versions have support. It says 10.5 - 10.9, which is Leopard to Mavericks. Leopard doesn't make sense and only up to Mavericks is odd too. Perhaps try to contact the manufacturer or a distributor to see if you can get improved clarification. It may work after you have a full installation completed and are not using iBoot.

The guides for each version of macOS have links to UniBeast and MultiBeast for the specific version of macOS. You can also find them in the Downloads section see tabs at top of screen.

I found the Yosemite(osx10.10) installer that I burned to a dvd a while back. Can I use it to upgrade to Yosemite from SL? I looked at the 10.10 installation guide and would like to confirm that I can use that guide to do the upgrade and not a fresh install.

Thanks,

If you have a archived copy, then it is likely out of date - download a fresh Yosemite installer from the App Store and create the USB installer.

Well I just found out that my ethernet port is not working even though the ethernet info under the network section of the system profiler(ethernet connection) is indeed en0. I'm thinking about re-running Multibeast v3.1.0 for SL but if there is anything else I can try, please let me know.

Thanks,

If there is a usb wifi device that would work on my configuration, let me know as I will now check the buyer's guide for
possible options.

Thanks,

A USB Wifi device that is Snow Leopard compatible might be difficult to find. Try an internet search for "OSX USB wifi" and read description of individual products that you find to secure best looking option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back