Graphics
Gt-710
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I have the following question regarding the steps laid out in the boot0 error guide. I boot into Snow Leopard using iBoot, and it comes up perfectly running 10.6.8. At this point I put in the Snow Leopard DVD but I'm wondering if I have to reboot the system again to get into installer mode or if there is something I need to do on the DVD itself.

When I put in the OSX DVD, do I re-start the install process and stop at a specific screen in order to access the utilities menu? I see a utilities button on the screen when I click on the 'install mac osx' icon but it tells me to reboot in order to access the utilities menu. If I reboot, the system doesn't read the OSX installer DVD, and I'm back to the boot0 error.

I don't want to wipe out my drive all over again so I would appreciate it if someone can clarify the steps needed to get into installer mode after booting the system using iboot so I can fix the boot0 issue.

Another question I have is based on my system specs. How far can I go in terms of future os upgrades?

And one more question: where do I go to get software to enable sound, networking, etc? I did not see any options to install them when I ran MultiBeast.

My first hackintosh system is the following: dell optiplex 780, 8 gigs of ram, 1 terabyte hd, 3.33ghz intel core 2 duo.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Another question I have is based on my system specs.
Please fill out your hardware profile. Needs to go into the account details section of your User profile.
If you have a Dell prebuilt PC, put the model name and form factor i.e. SFF, DT or MT in the "motherboard" section.
Hint: if you don't have a dedicated gfx card that is supported in Snow Leopard, you won't get very far. :(

Here's a couple that work with 10.6.8 that you can choose from:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00498305G/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0049MPQA4/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Buying one with an HDMI port is preferable to one with only DVI or VGA. VGA is not well supported.

Last edited:
Hint: if you don't have a dedicated gfx card that is supported in Snow Leopard, you won't get very far.
Did you read what I posted earlier ? The ATI Radeon graphics aren't going to work in SL. Get one of the two Nvidia cards and use that instead.

Last edited:
ok i'll order one of them and report back when it is installed. thanks.

After ordering and installinng one of the recommended video cards that work well with SL(EVGA 01G-P3-1302-LR PCIE GeForce 8400 GS 1GB DDr3 Graphics Card), I am back at trying to figure out how to go from the the SL desktop using the SL installer dvd in order to fix the boot0 error.

At this point, I have the SL installer dvd loaded. If I restart the machine with the installer dvd inside, I get the boot0 error again.

I need help to get past this point so I can continue with the process of fixing the boot0 error. Also i'd appreciate info on what I need to do regarding installation of ethernet, sound, and anything else not installed while using multibeast to setup this pc.

Thanks in advance,

I am back at trying to figure out how to go from the the SL desktop using the SL installer dvd in order to fix the boot0 error.
Which version of iBoot are you using ? Is it 3.30 or something else ?
Also i'd appreciate info on what I need to do regarding installation of ethernet, sound, and anything else not installed while using multibeast to setup this pc.
Since you won't be staying with SL longer term (came out 10 years ago !) There's no need to even use Multibeast at all or get sound working. You just want to get to the MAS to download something a lot newer to install that.

Here are the full instructions you should follow for the install

Preliminary steps for installing Snow Leopard on your Dell desktop:

1. Disconnect the Sata data cable from your Windows HDD if your Dell came with one of those.
2. Connect a clean SSD or HDD to the Sata0 connection on the HP motherboard.
3. Connect a DVI or HDMI cable to your 8400GS or Asus EN210, don't use VGA.
4. Plug your USB mouse and keyboard into the two USB ports directly under the Ethernet jack.
5. In the BIOS change the Storage OptionsSata Emulation Mode to AHCI from IDE.

Here's the step by step guide for how to go about the Snow Leopard DVD install with iBoot:
  1. Download iBoot 3.3.0 Click Here
  2. Burn the image to CD (not a DVD)
  3. Place iBoot in CD/DVD drive
  4. Restart computer - Select your CD/DVD drive from the boot options.
  5. At boot prompt, eject iBoot
  6. Insert your Mac OS X Snow Leopard Retail DVD and press F5
  7. When you see the Snow Leopard DVD icon press enter to boot from that. Highlight "Use English" Click the right arrow.
  8. When you get to the installation screen, open Utilities/Disk Utility.
a. Partition your hard drive to GUID Partition Table
b. Format your hard drive to Mac OS Extended (Journaled).
NOTE: The bootloader can only boot from a disk or partition of 1 TB or less. Partition larger drives.​
c. For the purposes of this guide, name it Snow Leopard. You can rename it later.​
d. Close Disk Utility
9. When the installer asks you where to install, choose Snow Leopard
10. Choose Customize‚ and uncheck additional options. This will hasten the install process.​
11. Once you've installed Snow Leopard, the system will automatically reboot.​
12. Eject the Snow Leopard DVD. Place iBoot back in the DVD drive. Restart computer.​
13. When you get to the boot selection screen, choose your new Snow Leopard installation.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back