CPU
Ryzen 7 3700X
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When I boot sierra with the pendrive which has 3750 installed it boots fine, but when I copy and paste the stuff from bootloader pendrive to the EFi volume(as I dont know how to install 3750 fresh onto EFI volume) the system on restart detects the clover efi boot volume but then once I select the selected sierra volume to boot just get blank screen. I checked the verbose mode but nothing shows, I dont think the volume is even booted.

I upgraded from elcap so at that time I had 3270 in EFI volume and everything used to work fine... and now I copy 3750 to the efi volume and I am unable to boot the system from boot volume.

Am I the only one with the issue??

I am just continuing to boot from the pendrive.

Funny thing is if I dont keep anything in the EFI volume and just try to boot from the pendrive... when I select the Sierra drive to boot I get this screen below. Any idea what it is? It is just weird.

IMG_20160923_080730.jpg

Last edited:
When I boot sierra with the pendrive which has 3750 installed it boots fine, but when I copy and paste the stuff from bootloader pendrive to the EFi volume(as I dont know how to install 3750 fresh onto EFI volume) the system on restart detects the clover efi boot volume but then once I select the selected sierra volume to boot just get blank screen. I checked the verbose mode but nothing shows, I dont think the volume is even booted.

I upgraded from elcap so at that time I had 3270 in EFI volume and everything used to work fine... and now I copy 3750 to the efi volume and I am unable to boot the system from boot volume.

You can install clover by downloading it from source forge. It will give you a package installer. Also download the EFI Mounter V3 (all of these are available in downloads area).
  1. Boot using your Pen drive and save the contents of EFI on desktop (mount EFI using EFI mounter).
  2. Get the latest clover 3763 I believe.
  3. Remove the pen drive.
  4. Check your HDD using diskutil on terminal.
  5. Run the clover installer package and Change the installation to your HDD.
  6. Use UEFI settings (see tonymac's official guide for Sierra public beta).
  7. Once clover is installed, mount the EFI using EFI mounter (it might already be mounted)
  8. Replace the kexts, ACPI, config plist and driversUEFI64 folders with the corresponding folders from the pen drive.
It should boot fine.

And if you are worried about breaking things because you went up from 3750 to 3763, then don't. Just copy those 4 things and it will keep the latest clover with the kexts and other settings you used to boot from pen drive. make sure that the pen drive is removed when you boot from HDD for test.

I tried 3763 as well and the same problem persists. If i install clover on a USB the boot the sierra volume from it it works perfectly. BUt when I copy the same files to the EFI Volume, after selecting the sierra drive, it doesnt boot.

BUt when I copy 3270 which is the version of clover i used to install el capitan in the EFI Folder it boots properly.

I am not sure why this is happening.

Try Clover 3726, it worked for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back