Contribute
Register

[Fixed] Reversed display colors on HP ProDesk 600 G3 with HD 630 iGPU in Ventura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP ProDesk 600 G4 mini
CPU
i5-8500 | Q370
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
My system has a Kaby Lake i5-7500 CPU with HD 630 Graphics on a Q270 MB. I followed Dortania's Guide. Ventura is running but green and blue colors are reversed. I have tried different frame-buffers and device-id but no change. The monitor is connected via straight DP cable. I attached my EFI folder and the Display/Graphics screen from Ventura, which seems alright.

Can does anyone know how to get normal colors?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.3 MB · Views: 62
  • Dp to DP connection 2k monitor.png
    Dp to DP connection 2k monitor.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
My system has a Kaby Lake i5-7500 CPU with HD 630 Graphics on a Q270 MB. I followed Dortania's Guide. Ventura is running but green and blue colors are reversed. I have tried different frame-buffers and device-id but no change. The monitor is connected via straight DP cable. I attached my EFI folder and the Display/Graphics screen from Ventura, which seems alright.

Can does anyone know how to get normal colors?
I got acceleration and colors working by defining the enabling frame buffer connector properties. The monitor I am using is connected via a DP to HDMI cable.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 6.11.41 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 6.11.41 PM.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 51
I got acceleration and colors working by defining the enabling frame buffer connector properties.
Great news ! So is everything working except for the RTC error on reboot ?

Yes. I think sleep is not working. So far I have read that that will not work on HD 630. The system is a pleasure to use, so much faster the my old 8300 machine.

The system is a pleasure to use, so much faster the my old 8300 machine.
are you running Ventura on an NVMe or a Sata SSD ?

are you running Ventura on an NVMe or a Sata SSD ?
On the SATA SSD. I have Windows on the NVMe. Would I expect issues reversing that?

Would I expect issues reversing that?
Shouldn't. The NVMe driver in the BIOS will work for macOS or Windows on the NVMe. I even added an NVMe driver to my Dell 9020's BIOS and I can boot direct from the NVMe. If Ventura is already fast enough for general use you could leave each OS where it is.

Any ideas on the annoying RTC boot?

Any ideas on the annoying RTC boot?
The only time I've ever seen that is with my old Z68 Gigabyte system. The fix simply required upping the DVMT by 32MB then it wasn't a problem.

The only time I've ever seen that is with my old Z68 Gigabyte system. The fix simply required upping the DVMT by 32MB then it wasn't a problem.
I have searched and searched and I cannot find anyone who got HD 630 based system sleep/wake up. I still have time to return the unit and look for another. What would you recommend? There are also G5s, G6s and G7s which are probably more future (upgrade) proof. For example:

Amazon.com: HP ProDesk 600 G4 SFF Core i7-8700 3.2GHz, 16GB RAM, 500GB M.2-NVMe, Windows 11 Pro 64bit (Renewed) : Electronics

Amazon.com: HP Business Desktop ProDesk 600 G5 Desktop Computer - Intel Core i7 9th Gen i7-9700 3 GHz - 8 GB RAM DDR4 SDRAM - 256 GB SSD - Small Form Factor (Renewed) : Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back