Contribute
Register

Fixed: OX El Capitan Temperature and fan control sensors (HWSensors)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77N-WIFI
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
GTX 650
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have installed OS X El Capitan following this guide UniBeast: Install OS X Mavericks on Any Supported Intel-based PC

I had problem with HWSensors. It only showed HDD temperature. I have tried
Macs Fan Control, smcFanControl, iStat Menus & none of them worked.

Here is how I fixed that:

Download & Mount HWSensors.6.18.1394.Binaries.dmg
Once mounted copy these kexts to desktop.
(I have tried to copy the kexts to EFI/Clover/Kext/10.11 that didn't work for me)

ACPISensors.kext
CPUSensors.kext
GPUSensors.kext
LPCSensors.kext

Run KextBeast, restart DONE. All working

Now: Macs Fan Control & HWSensors working as they should :headbang:

Thanks

Attachments

• HWSensors.6.18.1394.Binaries.dmg.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,368
(I have tried to copy the kexts to EFI/Clover/Kext/10.11 that didn't work for me)

You can try putting it in E/C/K/Other instead of 10.11. I think Clover doesn't recognize 10.11 at the moment.

You should be able to put those in /E/C/K/10.11 no problem. If it doesn't then something's wrong with your setup.

You can try putting it in E/C/K/Other instead of 10.11. I think Clover doesn't recognize 10.11 at the moment.

it does, since july at the latest.

then something's not right with your setup.

one time i had fakesmc.kext in /S/L/E and ended up whatever kext in EFI were skipped. not sure if that's your case but you can check.

with clover my goal has always been keeping the hackintosh kexts out of /S/L/E.

I tried installing the kexts to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast and now my system won't boot. In verbose mode, it stops at ACPI

I tried this and put them into the other folder but it killed my fans. They just sit at around 950 rpm as the processor warms up. They have done this since upgrading to Yosemite.

I tried installing the kexts to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast and now my system won't boot. In verbose mode, it stops at ACPI

Yeah, I maybe should have read this before. Killed my installation, too. Same board. So be careful with these instructions. :!:

Thank you, I fixed my problem following your instructions

working in Sierra also. Thanks!

But there is no CPU and GPU fan reading... weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back