Contribute
Register

[Fixed] No Intel HDMI Audio and Display not matching up (High Sierra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS H97I-PLUS
CPU
i7-4785T
Graphics
Intel HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, all, my HDMI audio was working under High Sierra, then I applied the 2020-005 Security update and updated Clover and now the HDMI audio is not working.

I think part of the problem is that System Report shows the proper monitor (F27), but About This Mac shows it as a Built-in Display, how can I fix that?

Thanks, please let me know what I need to attach!

Attachments

• display_not_matching_up.png
    display_not_matching_up.png
    236.7 KB · Views: 177
Update (still no HDMI audio)...

but testing out the DisplayPort, and the audio works, and the System Report and About This Mac both show the proper monitor (F27)...oh, and the Sound Preferences shows HDMI for the DisplayPort output? Am I missing something simple? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• displayport_displays_match.png
    displayport_displays_match.png
    258.8 KB · Views: 207
  • displayport_sound_works_but_shows_HDMI.png
    displayport_sound_works_but_shows_HDMI.png
    70 KB · Views: 156
(Okay, I read the AppleHDA HDMI Audio (Guide) section on Problem Reporting, attaching requested zip file here, thanks!)

(Oh, I used the AppleHDA HDMI Audio_v2 guide/method to try and get HDMI audio working, screenshot of System Preferences-->Sound-->Output is with DisplayPort connected, but using a DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter, because my monitor does not have a DisplayPort input)

Attachments

• tonymacx86_hdmi_audio_problem_reporting.zip
    3 MB · Views: 196
(Okay, I read the AppleHDA HDMI Audio (Guide) section on Problem Reporting, attaching requested zip file here, thanks!)

(Oh, I used the AppleHDA HDMI Audio_v2 guide/method to try and get HDMI audio working, screenshot of System Preferences-->Sound-->Output is with DisplayPort connected, but using a DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter, because my monitor does not have a DisplayPort input)
have a read up on:

have a read up on:
Will do, thank you!

Still not sure what was wrong, but downgrading to Clover 5119 brought back HDMI audio and the Display showing correctly. I think the Port showing as 0x0 is the problem, and according to Rehabman it HAS to show as 0x7.

Attachments

• clover_5119_port_0x7_red_stroke.png
    clover_5119_port_0x7_red_stroke.png
    215.1 KB · Views: 148
  • displayport_sound_works_but_shows_HDMI.png
    displayport_sound_works_but_shows_HDMI.png
    71.5 KB · Views: 162
  • displayport_displays_match.png
    displayport_displays_match.png
    260.2 KB · Views: 150
Here with a Lenovo desktop E73 - i5 4670s and HD4600
installed Clover v5144 with 10.12.3 Monterey all working except Audio