Contribute
Register

Fixed my 550 ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine works fine i have not done anything else to get it working as far as i know. Did you enable open cl in multi-beast because that caused a kernel panic and i could not boot. I will attach a screenshot of my working desktop in description and my smbios.plist

I did not, I didn't install anything dealing with graphics using multibeast and hardware acceleration works

I actually had issues with my card but it was apparently due to Chimera. I'm running Chameleon 2035 (Enoch) and it works great, so give that a try. You can install it on your USB drive and boot from it to test.

Has anyone been able to run programs that use OpenGL such as Adobe After Effects or Luxmark?

Luxmark gives me an error (Path) and I can't enable graphic acceleration in After Effects :(

I can confirm that the "swapping your card out" trick did NOT work for me.

The problem is still the same: desktop won't load after first reboot (ie. after running Multibeast and rebooting), instead the driver hangs.

ML does work with the integrated HD3000, but I want/need to use the GTX 550 Ti.

Here's the steps I tried:

1. Enable HD3000 in BIOS (enable if primary, auto-detect if using integrated vs external)
2. Poweroff & remove GTX 550 Ti
3. Install Mountain Lion
4. Run Multibeast, put my smbios, boot.plist and dsdt in place
5. Reboot, still works and gets me to the desktop
6. Poweroff & plug the GTX 550 Ti back in
7. Poweron and get stuck with the same driver timeout/hang error as before

Well, here's one more coming to the 550ti party.
I had a fully working Lion installation, with no issues of any kind, full resolution, dual monitors, hdmi working too, full 3d acceleration, etc. and all with no kext modification or anything like that.
Yesterday I've purchased my copy of Mountain Liom. I used UniBeast 1.5, and when I tried to boot to the installation screen, mi screen goes off, but I now that the system is running fine. That does not happen if I tried to install Lion, but in Mountain Lion the only way that I can get to the screen installation was adding PCIRootUID=0 to the Unibeast boot.
Well, that's not a big problem, I said. The installation finished without problems, my pc reboots, this time I don't need to poot PCIRootUID command, it just boot fine. I opened Multibeast, installed my DSDT, and when I restart the pc, I see "garbage graphics" on screen, like the picture at the start of this thread.
I have done the installation 3 times, and the last time I do not use Multibeast, when I had the system running fine I only install Chameleon to boot from the SSD, then restart, and the problem is there. This is weird, because in Lion everything works really good, and in Mountain Lion I encountered this problem that shows only AFTER I installed Chimera or Chameleon...

Finally, someone with the exact same problem as myself! (had to use PCIRootUID=0 during installation too)

What mobo, cpu and integrated gpu (if any) do you have?

Finally, someone with the exact same problem as myself! (had to use PCIRootUID=0 during installation too)

What mobo, cpu and integrated gpu (if any) do you have?
Hi! You can see the specs of my hackintosh on my signature. And I have found the solution! (at least it worked for me)
Do the installation as you always do, use Multibeast as you wish (with easybeast or user dsdt), or, in my case, I did not use multibeast, just used Chameleon Wizard and installed the latest Chameleon using it, but this does not matter, when you reboot the system the graphic problem is there. So forcd shitdown and reboot, but this time reboot in safe mode (I have to type -x -r to boot in safe mode). The system boots fine, and then you have to open Finder, and navigate to your mountain lion disk, open the extra folder, and open chameleonboot.plist with text edit. You will see some commands, and you only have to delete this one: "npci=0x3000". Just delete it, close textedit, and reboot. The system should boot fine now, without graphic glitches and with full resolution and 3d accelleration.

EDIT: dismiss all what I've put up here, it does not work, I can use the system without problems but suddenly it hanged and the problem is back. Same problem, garbage graphics at start and I can't use the system except in safe mode.
It's definitely a driver problem. I wonder if I can replace some kext with a working kext from Lion, but I do not know what to replace and were to look at.

EDIT 2: I've used Chameleon Wizard to add a string in my chameleon.plist pointing to my dsdt and my smbios (downloaded from the program itself, iMac 12.2), and now I can boot without problems, no graphic garbage. I've rebooted many times to test it. BUT the problem refuse to go completely: now if I turn on my lcd connected to hdmi, or if i tried to change resolution, the screen turns blue (this is normal) and never come back, and the system hangs. What I'm missing? I almost solve this problem!

It's exactly the same issue here with my 550ti, first of all, Just like lion it shows wrong memory size (1.5gb instead 1gb) , then
Blue screen appears when I try to change resolution or replug the monitor, even when the monitor go to sleep i've a lot of glitches on the wallpaper, it Was working soo good in lion, hope someone finds a fix soon, thx guys.

P.s. I needed to add pcirootuid=0 for the installation too

First off, I can confirm that a fresh install did the trick, got full hardware acceleration in Mountain Lion, hooray! I'm using GraphicsEnabler=Yes and PCIRootUID=0, nothing else out of the ordinary (except for disabling those two kexts mentioned in the first post). Also, Mac12,1 smbios, if it makes a difference.

Secondly, andy4life, does your Ti show up as 1,5GB instead of the 1GB? Mine does and it feels like that's the cause of the hanging.
With my current Lion setup, my Ti has been working perfectly (used Mac12,1 power management via AGPM kext), except for when I'm doing extensive graphics stuff, ie. playing multiple videos with Flash & VLC while having a 3D application open, it always hangs at some point, so I'm thinking that it has something to do with Lion thinking that the card has run out of memory, but who knows, haven't found any "solid" proof.

lol got my card working fully execpt for sleep and wakeup issues. used my method to correct it... not the method that is applied above.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-18 at 3.20.45 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-08-18 at 3.20.45 AM.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 410
Did you ever get this fixed?

I noticed someone on the netkas forums having the identical problem that I have (white screen on every boot), but no solution anywhere.

Here's the post: http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,2924.0.html

Getting a bit frustrated here. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back