Contribute
Register

Fixed my 550 ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had some graphics issues (and also general system issues) when trying to install ML to my SSD while having my previous Lion install on my other hard drive. I erased the Lion install, then reinstalled ML on my SSD and did not get any of those issues again. 550ti works perfect without having to change any boot flags or kexts.

cant explain exactly what was going on but both installs, even though on separate drives, were interfering with each other.

I've just noticed that my system appears to not only hang in full screen in quicktime but also with itunes when using full screen visualisation mode.

install Ml fresh on my ssd but i have the symptomes others discribed here

GTX 550ti works at full speed i can use system with no problem but after i leave the Hack and enters sleep it freezes.

And i cant change resolution always ends in Bluescreen and i need to restart.

Hmm, so most/all of you are experiencing issues after using ML for a while, I wonder how I could get that far. :p

Also, do any of you have a device id of 1244, by any chance?

EDIT: I guess a part of my problem could be that I have an integrated HD3000, although I've disabled it in the BIOS.

Hmm, so most/all of you are experiencing issues after using ML for a while, I wonder how I could get that far. :p

Also, do any of you have a device id of 1244, by any chance?

EDIT: I guess a part of my problem could be that I have an integrated HD3000, although I've disabled it in the BIOS.

i have the device id 1244

Right, so you've got the exact same card as I do!

Could you tell me the steps you've gone through? Ie. which smbios, which kexts, did you modify any existing kexts and all that, just so we can figure out what the necessary changes are and get a working system. :)

I've been hearing a lot of reports from people who have integrated graphics + 550 Ti.

They've fixed it all by removing the Ti, installing with the integrated card, then putting the Ti back in and getting full acceleration without any kexts, edits or enablers. No tearing/hangs either.

We'll see, I'll try that in a few hours.

I've been hearing a lot of reports from people who have integrated graphics + 550 Ti.

They've fixed it all by removing the Ti, installing with the integrated card, then putting the Ti back in and getting full acceleration without any kexts, edits or enablers. No tearing/hangs either.

We'll see, I'll try that in a few hours.

As the person quoted above you there are no issues with the 550 you just need to follow that installation route to make sure it works.
It does not require any kext editing!!!!

Mine works fine i have not done anything else to get it working as far as i know. Did you enable open cl in multi-beast because that caused a kernel panic and i could not boot. I will attach a screenshot of my working desktop in description and my smbios.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back