Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> [FIXED?!] M1 Macs are still buggy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remote Bitcoin mining. Maybe Elan M—k and is behind it.
Don't think Elon needs to resort to that to make money.

If you use Firefox it automatically blocks cryptomining through the browser, the most common way hackers do that.

Screen Shot 13.jpg

Don't think Elon needs to resort to that to make money.

If you use Firefox it automatically blocks cryptomining through the browser, the most common way hackers do that.

View attachment 510448
I’m sure Apple will figure it out. They are priority one. The Apple Car, Elon is a competitor for autonomous vehicles.

I had thought a full power cycle involves going from a fully charged battery to a completely discharged battery. That would mean they're really doing something intensive to eat up the battery. Apple says the max battery cycle count is only 1000 and they're already at 256 after owning it for 2 months ?
View attachment 510445

Ah. My mistake. I stand corrected. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Screenshot 2021-02-25 at 07.54.35.png

I read the image as showing the number of times that the SSD has been power cycled rather than the battery has been discharged.

SSD has been power cycled
Sounds accurate. Why would they power cycle their SSD that often ? When it's only been in use under 200 hours is my question.

Sounds accurate. Why would they power cycle their SSD that often ? When it's only been in use under 200 hours is my question.
I guess that is the number of times that the computer has been turned on/off.

So the SSD usage is no issue ?

So the SSD usage is no issue ?

No one can say for sure - not even Internet pundits.

Your personal choice whether to buy one.

However, look at that table again. SSD life-span is usually specified as data written. Even when no longer writable the data is readable.

In the above example the user ran for 191 hours, power-cycling 256 times (sorry, don't get that and 256 is too much like a byte quantity). During this time they wrote 15.7 Terrabytes of data. Not MB, not GB, but TB. (What?!) That apparently used up 1% life. Okay, if true that equals 1500TB write life-expectancy.

Official figures suggest the TBW (terrabytes written) life of a 256GB SSD is between 60 and 150 TB depending on who you listen to. I believe Samsung claim the higher figure for their top models.

So what is so wrong with the figure the complaining poster is suggesting? It seems 10x the usual expected life span. Sounds fine to me.

But again it is a choice thing. People do not think twice about a $1000 phone and changing it every few years.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back