Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
Vega 64
Hey guys,

I have the Sierra Developer Preview installed, and DP1 with the previous NVIDIA web drivers (with nvda_drv=1 in boot options) was working great. I updated to Developer Beta 2, and performed the update available for the NVIDIA web drivers however now when I boot my Sierra partition it the boot progress bar gets about 1/3 of the way along and the machine reboots.

If I add nv_disable=1 Sierra will boot, but obviously I'd love to have accelerated graphics. It seems like the card is not being recognised — is anyone else seeing this? Any ideas on how to gather more information about what's going wrong?

Update: Looks like there's a log message 'Error: Failed to find "NVIDIA Chip Model"'. Maybe a botched update from NVIDIA?

Last edited:
OK, I found the culprit for the reboot — I had applied AGDPfix. Replacing the original kext lets the computer boot without issues, but the 980 is still recognised (and named) as "NVIDIA Chip Model" in System Information. Needless to say, the driver doesn't load.

OK, so I ended up doing a clean install of DP2 from a thumb drive, reinstalling the latest web drivers and then finally executing:

sudo nvram nvda_drv=1

It seems like the boot options are being ignored. Now my 980 is recognised and working properly.

I have tried but not able to install, it just stuck at apple logo when I am trying to install any idea why so ?
MY system configurations :
Motherboard : Intel Original DH61H0
Processor : 3.9 GHz Intel core i3
RAM : 4 GB RAM 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics : NVIDEA GoForce 210 1024 MB
Tried Verbose mode as well,
IMG_20160713_183016219.jpg
IMG_20160713_183016219.jpg

OK, so I ended up doing a clean install of DP2 from a thumb drive, reinstalling the latest web drivers and then finally executing:

sudo nvram nvda_drv=1

It seems like the boot options are being ignored. Now my 980 is recognised and working properly.

I've been having this same problem with my 980Ti. Going to try this tonight. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back