G3258
Graphics
GTX 760 2047 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I got Sierra to install on my Legacy EP35-DS3R with Xeon E5410. The GPU is Nvidia 8400GS. It took me several tries and finally got it. The first two Clover versions 3577 and 3599 did not work. First one could not boot the installer USB at all. The second Clover made me install Sierra over and over again (like 5 times), in the end never mounted the Sierra drive.

Finally got Clover_v2.3k_r3602, created a USB installer and ran it with Boot arguments (cpus=1 pciroot=1 tscsync and npci=0x2000) -- these are specific for Xeon.

First install completed and mounted the Sierra partition. Booting into it did a second installation. Third time I was finally able to boot into Sierra.

Ran Multibeast El Capitan with these settings:

Multibeast setting.png
Then I changed boot-args to npci=0x2000 pciroot=1. Did not add any kexts.

So far, network is working like a champ. But no audio and no sleep.

[EDIT]
I got sound working!
First, 'view raw' and open this unzipped file audio_cloverALC-110.command in text editor. Search and replace all occurrences of "El Capitan" to "Sierra", and all occurrences of "10.11" to "10.12". Next mount EFI partition using EFI Mounter. Under EFI/CLOVER/kexts rename the 10.11 folder to 10.12. Open Terminal and drag-and-drop the edited audio_cloverALC110.command file into it. This will execute the command. After you type the password, answer Y to all questions. Once it finishes reboot. Audio is working now, and so is SIRI!

Screen Shot.png

Now I need to get sleep working. It reboots on hibernate. Any ideas?

Last edited:
I got Sierra to install on my Legacy EP35-DS3R with Xeon E5410. The GPU is Nvidia 8400GS. It took me several tries and finally got it. The first two Clover versions 3577 and 3599 did not work. First one could not boot the installer USB at all. The second Clover made me install Sierra over and over again (like 5 times), in the end never mounted the Sierra drive.

Finally got Clover_v2.3k_r3602, created a USB installer and ran it with Boot arguments (cpus=1 pciroot=1 tscsync and npci=0x2000) -- these are specific for Xeon.

First install completed and mounted the Sierra partition. Booting into it did a second installation. Third time I was finally able to boot into Sierra.

Ran Multibeast El Capitan with these settings:

View attachment 202778
Then I changed boot-args to npci=0x2000 pciroot=1. Did not add any kexts.

So far, network is working like a champ. No audio and no sleep.

View attachment 202780
For audio try this kext , for me alc888 it works great , as I see alc885 also support by this kext
Try it it should be works

https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back