Contribute
Register

[FIX] "Window Server Service only ran for 0 seconds" with dual-GPU

Just add the below 3 add properties , is working for me

Just add the below 3 add properties , is working for me
View attachment 388533
hey. i tried your method. however, for me even the bios not getting posted. i am just getting black screen. when i remove nvidia card, it is work fine. did u change anything on ur bios for this setub?

no in the bios i did not touch anything

I just ended up changing my bios basically disabling OS X from seeing it ....., Mojave runs like a 2015 MacBook Pro or Better. No Sleep / Wake, but No biggie, more of proof of concept...

Hi, I have an hacekentosh with gtx 1080ti. i wana updted to mojavea so i am thinking aboy geting amd gpu as scoderry wille keeping the 1080ti for windows. I followed your guide in order to disable the nvida but used in windows 10 . i found -off method ssdt which is"SSDT-2-PegSsdt.am" how ever i cannot found the right code .
Can u please help me to create the file to disable the gtx

This guide is primarily for laptops.
For desktops on Mojave, just remove the Nvidia device.

If you want the Nvidia for Windows, you can still disable the Nvidia drivers and use IGPU in macOS, but you'll need to determine the ACPI path by looking at data provided in Windows Device Manager (or other methods).

I'm trying to apply this patch so I can keep my RTX 2070 plugged in while using my GTX 1060 with High Sierra. I don't have any "_OFF" methods in any of my SSDT files that aren't in a PowerResource block though.

The computer won't boot with the RTX 2070 plugged in, so I plugged it in and did Clover+F4, but still had to turn the computer off once it got to the Apple loading screen because it still froze. I'm not sure if that process was sufficient to produce the needed *.aml file.

Can anyone help me out?

Attachments

• ACPI-origin.zip
    201.3 KB · Views: 170
hi all, I am having a major headache trying to get Mojave to run as needed, I can get High sierra running fine with my GTX1060 but as we all know Mojave wont play nice with the 1060 so I brought a cheap Asus GT710 which runs OTB with Mojave, now what I am trying to achieve is having both cards installed using the gtx1060 in slot 1 for windows and the GT710 in slot 2 for Mojave, I tried following the guide, I hit F4 at the clover screen but could not find any reference to OFF (knowing my luck I have done something wrong), if anyone can help me achieve what I am trying to do I would be very grateful and would appreciate any and all help

Looks good (-wegnoegpu present in config.plist/Boot/Arguments).
Would you be able to share a sample config.plist so I could see how to use this command?

I have a pretty powerful PC I built for my flight sim hobby (i5 9600K, 32GB DDR4 & 1080TI) I would love to use this machine as my main Hackintosh and I know I cannot use the 1080TI with anything other than High Sierra. I already have a Hackintosh Desktop & Laptop so I am familiar with installing MacOS on Intel systems I am just not sure about disabling my NVIDIA card just for Catalina.

If I disable this GPU in Clover does that mean I can leave the BIOS settings alone?

Thanks in advance,

@RehabMan Hey, I was able to remove 2080ti from my Graphics and PCI info in my Mac.
BUt, coolers are still spinning, how can I fully disable GPU?

Attachments

• SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml
    167 bytes · Views: 172
Back