Contribute
Register

[FIX] "Window Server Service only ran for 0 seconds" with dual-GPU

ok so I am getting this same error. It seemingly loads up everything, but then everything disappears and one line appears at the top and its the infamous com.apple.xpc windows server 0 error. I have read through everything and I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. I have tried different kexts, using the haswell clover.config , using the proper fakesmc. I cannot however figure out how to do the dsdt spoof. I only have windows 10 on pc atm. I used to have sierra, but had to re-do the laptop. I can still install sierra just fine, but high sierra I cannot get passed the server 0 error. I have included my efi folder.

DSDT not involved. Patched DSDT not needed for installation.
You have no SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml in ACPI/patched.
Start here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Then read post #1 (this thread) regarding _DSM->XDSM enabling and SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml.

DSDT not involved. Patched DSDT not needed for installation.
You have no SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml in ACPI/patched.
Start here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Then read post #1 (this thread) regarding _DSM->XDSM enabling and SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml.

could not see anything in the first post that mentioned or talked about that in that link. I know which one you are talking about though. Thank you I will read through the other one.

could not see anything in the first post that mentioned or talked about that in that link. I know which one you are talking about though. Thank you I will read through the other one.

The thread regarding SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml is is linked from the main guide.

I'm getting error "Invalid character (0x21), expecting ASL keyword or name" at line 5.
Here is the code.
Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "spoof", 0)
{
    Method(_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._DSM, 4)
    {
        If (!Arg2) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }
        Return (Package()
        {
            "name", Buffer() { "#display" },
            "IOName", "#display",
            "class-code", Buffer() { 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF },
            "vendor-id", Buffer() { 0xFF, 0xFF, 0,  0 },
            "device-id", Buffer() { 0xFF, 0xFF, 0, 0 },
        })
    }
}
I also tried the one without vendor-id and device-id but still got the same error.

Edit: nevermind, I downloaded RehabMan's MaciASL and it worked.

Last edited:
I'm getting error "Invalid character (0x21), expecting ASL keyword or name" at line 5.
Here is the code.
Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "spoof", 0)
{
    Method(_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._DSM, 4)
    {
        If (!Arg2) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }
        Return (Package()
        {
            "name", Buffer() { "#display" },
            "IOName", "#display",
            "class-code", Buffer() { 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF },
            "vendor-id", Buffer() { 0xFF, 0xFF, 0,  0 },
            "device-id", Buffer() { 0xFF, 0xFF, 0, 0 },
        })
    }
}
I also tried the one without vendor-id and device-id but still got the same error.

Edit: nevermind, I downloaded RehabMan's MaciASL and it worked.

Must use correct iasl/MaciASL with ACPI 6.1 as linked by ACPI patching guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Hi there! Still stuck on gIOScreenLockState 3.... Probably missing something from guides but can't find where. Tried creating SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml with no success.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.5 MB · Views: 140
I happened to have a similar result disassembling these AML files, I really need help with this one as I can't get through booting with IONDRVSupport.kext as I have a dual graphics laptop.

I just tried disassembling and was able to find the _OFF method in the attached SSDT but I don't have the tools to do the next steps as I did these disassembling and searching in Windows 10.

I am working now on my Asus X555l
i7 4510u
HD 4400
4Gb ram
Planning to use the iGPU instead of nvidia (which is not working)

Attachments

• SSDT-10-OptTabl.aml
    3.6 KB · Views: 132
  • SSDT-10-OptTabl.dsl
    30.2 KB · Views: 113
I happened to have a similar result disassembling these AML files, I really need help with this one as I can't get through booting with IONDRVSupport.kext as I have a dual graphics laptop.

I just tried disassembling and was able to find the _OFF method in the attached SSDT but I don't have the tools to do the next steps as I did these disassembling and searching in Windows 10.

I am working now on my Asus X555l
i7 4510u
HD 4400
4Gb ram
Planning to use the iGPU instead of nvidia (which is not working)

Use MaciASL on macOS to create SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml.
Read post #1.

Back