Contribute
Register

[FIX] "Window Server Service only ran for 0 seconds" with dual-GPU

RehabMan, i finded _OFF in my SSDT-4.dsl. ("_SB.PCI0.RP01.PXSX.TGPC")

How to write SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml to make it work correctly?

I wrote according to the instructions:
Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "spoof", 0)
{
    Method(_SB.PCI0.RP05.PEGP._DSM, 4)
    {
        If (!Arg2) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }
        Return (Package()
        {
            "name", Buffer() { "#display" },
            "IOName", "#display",
            "class-code", Buffer() { 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF, 0xFF },
        })
    }
}

and i placeed that file at EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml. I tried config_HD615_620_630_640_650_spoof.plist but not working. I forget something?

Your duplicate question is answered here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...tops-with-clover.148093/page-362#post-1659605

Please DO NOT post duplicates. It is contrary to the rules (you already agreed): https://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/

Your SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml is wrong. And you forgot to enable the _DSM->XDSM patch.

HI rehabman thank you for your great work here , Im running 10.12.6 now, I uploaded my ACPI and config.plist coz im still failing to HS installtion error "Windows Server Service" im still new to DSDT

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    116.6 KB · Views: 113
  • config.plist.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 77
On a desktop, if I have two nvidia cards (1060 and 1080ti), and wanted to simply disable one of them. What method could be used? is it possible to do with addproperties in clover?

I get the "ran for 0 seconds" issues when doing macos point updates, and physically removing a card is a total pain due to case layout. A software solution would be brilliant.

On a desktop, if I have two nvidia cards (1060 and 1080ti), and wanted to simply disable one of them. What method could be used? is it possible to do with addproperties in clover?

AddProperties cannot be used (AddProperties would likely inject on both).
You should use ACPI instead, as per post #1.

RehabMan
Can you help me ?, I tried to follow the instructions but could not find the same path as # 1. This is my EFI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 104
RehabMan
Can you help me ?, I tried to follow the instructions but could not find the same path as # 1. This is my EFI

Your _OFF method is in SSDT-5-AMDSGTBL.aml at path _SB.PCI0.PEGP.DGFX.

Hi RehabMan,

As several people I am stuck in the "Windows Server Service only ran 0 seconds". My laptop is running Sierra 10.12.6 but impossible to install High Sierra. I create a stick with the last High Sierra, I boots but never finish in the install screen.
I have a dual display hd5500,Nvidia 840m.

I tried to follow your different guides on dual display or display disabling but I am really a beginner about editing aml files and the acpi stuff.

The clover EFI acpi folder actually running is not mine patched but one coming from internet. I join several files and my origin folder if useful.

If you can give me some advices it will be very kind.

Many thanks

Attachments

• E7450ioRegistry.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 62
  • origin.zip
    56.2 KB · Views: 91
  • clover.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 75
  • output.txt.zip
    939 bytes · Views: 68
  • kext.txt.zip
    474 bytes · Views: 78
Last edited:
Hi RehabMan,

As several people I am stuck in the "Windows Server Service only ran 0 seconds". My laptop is running Sierra 10.12.6 but impossible to install High Sierra. I create a stick with the last High Sierra, I boots but never finish in the install screen.
I have a dual display hd5500,Nvidia 840m.

I tried to follow your different guides on dual display or display disabling but I am really a beginner about editing aml files and the acpi stuff.

The clover EFI acpi folder actually running is not mine patched but one coming from internet. I join several files and my origin folder if useful.

If you can give me some advices it will be very kind.

Many thanks

Your _OFF method is at _SB.PCI0.RP05.PEGP (look at the code in SSDT-10-OptTabl.aml).
You cannot expect to use patched ACPI files files from another computer.
Read post #1.

Your _OFF method is at _SB.PCI0.RP05.PEGP (look at the code in SSDT-10-OptTabl.aml).
You cannot expect to use patched ACPI files files from another computer.
Read post #1.

Thanks for answer RehabMan, i could disasm my original files and i noticed what you say about _OFF method position.

So, i need to patch everything by myself and here is the problem...

Do i need to patch only DSDT or others aml files ?
I have read several time your post about patching aml files but as i said, my understanding is not complete.

Which patchs do i need to apply and for which files ? i will try to manage with your answer.

Thank you

Back