Contribute
Register

[FIX] "Window Server Service only ran for 0 seconds" with dual-GPU

Yes.
But note the path is the *same* as one of the examples already provided in post #1.

Does this cause any problems??

Hi, how are you?

Thanks man for as usual, great work.

I've got dual GPU system and I and stuck on it in the Install. For some odd reason Injecting properties from clover doesn't help.

I'm Attaching the Original AML files from clover (F4), my GFX1, GFX2 SSDT files and the spoofers I did, weirdly there is no _OFF method in any of the files.

Did I do something wrong?

Thanks a lot,

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    37.1 KB · Views: 130
Hi, how are you?

Thanks man for as usual, great work.

I've got dual GPU system and I and stuck on it in the Install. For some odd reason Injecting properties from clover doesn't help.

I'm Attaching the Original AML files from clover (F4), my GFX1, GFX2 SSDT files and the spoofers I did, weirdly there is no _OFF method in any of the files.

Did I do something wrong?

Thanks a lot,

No laptop hardware in your profile. Please fix as per FAQ.
And your "Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (not what is requested).
Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Sorry for the file screw up, the Clover folder is attached.

The profile is correct in the signature, I don't have laptop. The "Windows Server Service only ran for 0 seconds" hang happens on the desktop machine with Dual Nvidia, the specs are in the signature.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 200
Sorry for the file screw up, the Clover folder is attached.

The profile is correct in the signature, I don't have laptop. The "Windows Server Service only ran for 0 seconds" hang happens on the desktop machine with Dual Nvidia, the specs are in the signature.

On a desktop, you should not expect to find _OFF. _OFF is typical for laptops as most laptops are switched dual-GPU (eg. Nvidia Optimus).
Desktops are dedicated (not switched) dual-GPU.

It should work for you to set config.plist/Graphics/Inject/NVidia=true and use AddProperties to add the injections for name, IOName, and class-code.
Refer here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-on-haswell-intel-4600hd.231800/#post-1582114

(I have done it on my desktop ASUS Z270/i7-7700k/1050Ti and it works)

The alternative on a desktop is to temporarily remove the Nvidia card, use integrated graphics to install, install the Nvidia wb driver (assuming applicable to your hardware), then re-install Nvidia card, and attempt to boot.

You can do the ACPI method as well, but that involves determining the ACPI path from ioreg or Windows Device Manager, then coding the appropriate SSDT (I have an SSDT/Clover setup that allows easy switching between Intel v.s. Nvidia on the desktop I mentioned earlier).

Thank you very much.

The first value under Item 0 is the device/vendor ID? And does the property need to be injected for each GPU?

The first value under Item 0 is the device/vendor ID?

No. That 'value' for 'name' is hex equivalent of "#display".
Note:
Code:
SPEEDY-NUC:~ rehabman$ echo -n '#display'|xxd
00000000: 2364 6973 706c 6179                      #display

And does the property need to be injected for each GPU?

I have no idea if Clover supports AddProperties/Inject/Nvidia=true for multiple Nvida GPUs.
Suggest you test that out separately.

Got sir, thank you.

I still got the error even-though I already disabled my AMD GPU with SSDT patch also patch from your workaround too.
I'm f*cked up somewhere?

Here's my dump lists.

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    553.1 KB · Views: 194
  • DSDT and SSDT.zip
    45.8 KB · Views: 202
  • Clover.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 193
Back