Contribute
Register

[FIX] "Window Server Service only ran for 0 seconds" with dual-GPU

what verbose photo do you need ?

You wrote:
"Trouble reaching the macOS High Sierra installer."

Expect: Verbose boot photo that shows the mentioned "trouble".

You also posted in a thread that to get as far as "Window Server Service..." would require you actually attempt to boot the installer...

So maybe your post here is off-topic!

4. At clover boot (after reboot), I can only boot back into my macSDD

Any advise ? what I'm I missing

You should have an option to boot the macOS installer after that reboot.
I'm surprised you can boot your system with this EFI/Clover at all:
- HFSPlus.efi is missing from drivers64UEFI
- VBoxHfs is disabled in config.plist/DisableDrivers
I'd expect no boot targets to be shown as Clover will not be able to see the content of any HFS+J partitions with that setup.

But maybe you're booting Clover legacy (although no hardware in your profile specifies Clover legacy).

You might want to prepare a USB according to the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

You wrote:
"Trouble reaching the macOS High Sierra installer."

Expect: Verbose boot photo that shows the mentioned "trouble".

You also posted in a thread that to get as far as "Window Server Service..." would require you actually attempt to boot the installer...

So maybe your post here is off-topic!

You should have an option to boot the macOS installer after that reboot.
I'm surprised you can boot your system with this EFI/Clover at all:
- HFSPlus.efi is missing from drivers64UEFI
- VBoxHfs is disabled in config.plist/DisableDrivers
I'd expect no boot targets to be shown as Clover will not be able to see the content of any HFS+J partitions with that setup.

But maybe you're booting Clover legacy (although no hardware in your profile specifies Clover legacy).

You might want to prepare a USB according to the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/
I'm booting clover legacy, that means:

- No HFSPlus.efi
- I don't need Virtual Box - no use for me any way.

I will remove the boot target, but then again HFSPlus is built-in with Clover legacy.

Will create a USB stick and try that and then will attempt to boot the installer.

I'm booting clover legacy,

This is why it is important to fill out your profile correctly.

Your profile should indicate this (Clover legacy), as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

- No HFSPlus.efi
- I don't need Virtual Box - no use for me any way.

Please note that VboxHfs really has nothing to do with VirtualBox.
But yes, when booting legacy, drivers64UEFI is not used and can actually be deleted entirely.

This method actually disable discrete GPU or just bypass loading and using the second GPU ?

This method actually disable discrete GPU or just bypass loading and using the second GPU ?

This guide does not disable the discrete GPU (separate guide for that)... it just prevents any display drivers from loading against it.

No idea what you mean by "the second GPU".

Hi, newbie here
I have extracted ACPI native files using Clover F4. How can I disassemble the files and inject the nedeed properties if I can't even boot to the Mac OS installer?

Hi, newbie here
I have extracted ACPI native files using Clover F4. How can I disassemble the files and inject the nedeed properties if I can't even boot to the Mac OS installer?

Obvious: Analyze the files from a working Mac/hack (such as the one you used to download the macOS installer).

It is the _OFF in SSDT-8-OptTabl at ACPI path _SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP.

Thanks for the quick reply....

I'm trying to boot with the attached patch and config files (both, one of them is the default one from your repo and the other one is from a guid that i'm trying to follow) but I'm still unable to boot(attached the error)!!! any idea???

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.5 KB · Views: 201
  • config1.plist
    22.2 KB · Views: 205
  • SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml
    132 bytes · Views: 137
  • IMG_2520.jpg
    IMG_2520.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 115
Back